Beer blog, episode 1

There are light beers that are fairly epic as well, you know.

My favorite of all time is a glass of Delerium Tremens (a light Belgium ale) poured in the appropriate goblet that was adequately rinsed with cool water and "assembled" with the appropriate amount of head, done by an expert server.

:drool:

You would know better than me... I just haven't tasted a light beer that wasn't... redneckish.

Corona included.

My favorite beer is Shiner, runner up Newcastle. Dark beers are so much more refined.

:haaay:

To me Shiner & Newcastle are flavored water with out the bad taste of a mass market beer (Bud, Coors, Miller, ex cetera) But there again you are female, so what can you expect. ;):p:fly:

I'd rather have something I can sink my teeth into like a Bock or Imperial Stout. The lightest I will go is something like Chimay Blue or one of the better German Ales that are imported into the U.S. I have to find a good German beir that has been brewed in the U.S. That includes the Shiner beers. Hell I don't even like all of the German imported ales.

There are light beers that are fairly epic as well, you know.

My favorite of all time is a glass of Delerium Tremens (a light Belgium ale) poured in the appropriate goblet that was adequately rinsed with cool water and "assembled" with the appropriate amount of head, done by an expert server.

:drool:

I'll have to see if Market Cross Pub has Delerium Tremens. The next time I go in.

Or Bud light works great to sober up after a beer drinking outing with me before you drive home :D

No thanks. I'd rather drink water. The cheaper the beer the worst the hangover.

Great thread Dave. :):cool:

Edit: Clarify

Last edited:
To me Shiner & Newcastle are flavored water with out the bad taste of a mass market beer (Bud, Coors, Miller, ex cetera) But there again you are female, so what can you expect. ;):p:fly:

:

I love them both since they are a great default beer. Most places carry one or the other. :hs:

How people can drink those icky beers like Coors and Bud is beyond me. I'd rather drink [insert here]

I love them both since they are a great default beer. Most places carry one or the other. :hs:

How people can drink those icky beers like Coors and Bud is beyond me. I'd rather drink [insert here]

You got that right. One time I was in Market Cross Pub and these two "gentlemen" came in and drank Bud. They were grousing about the price of the beers. I wanted to barf. How anyone can drink that that swill when MCP has so many good beers is beyond me.

You got that right. One time I was in Market Cross Pub and these two "gentlemen" came in and drank Bud. They were grousing about the price of the beers. I wanted to barf. How anyone can drink that that swill when MCP has so many good beers is beyond me.

What kills me are the microbrews that stock bud light bottles and people order those instead of the tasty "homemade" stuff from the vats right in front of them. :rolleyes: