Beer B*** Episode 7: Unibroue Beer Pairing

dbzeag

Wants to kiss you where it stinks
Jun 9, 2006
Marklar
₥1,014
So chim and I are going to another beer pairing tonight. This is going to be featuring Unibroue.

The menu is as follows:

Apple and walnut salad with Morbier cheese and balsamic reduction.
Paired with Unibroue ‘Éphémère’ (5.5% abv, White Ale brewed with apple must) ‘Éphémère apple has an alluring pale golden color, effervescent foam, and a mouth-watering bouquet of Granny Smith apples and spices. It is slightly sweet, slightly tart and refreshingly thirst-quenching.’

Prince Edward Island mussels with orange zest and capers.
Paired with Unibroue ‘Don de Dieu’ (9.0% abv, Triple wheat Ale, refermented in the bottle) ‘Don de Dieu displays an appealing orange-golden hue with a stable, creamy head of foam. Its fruity, malty and yeasty flavor is quickly succeeded by a palate-warming finish of roasted nuts and spices.’

Spice crusted pork tenderloin with crispy potato cakes.
Paired with Unibroue ‘Raftman’ (5.5% abv, Smoked Beer)

Applewood smoked bacon wrapped baby lamb chops with sour cherry glaze.
Paired with Unibroue ‘Maudite’ (8.0%, abv, Strong red Ale, refermented in the bottle) ‘Maudite has a deep amber-red color with a rocky foam head and an appealing aroma of wild spices and floral hop notes. It is spicy, vinous, and deliciously complex with a crisp hop finish.’

Humboldt Fog (goat milk cheese) and homemade crackers.
Paired with Unibroue ‘Trois Pistoles’ (9.0% abv, Strong dark Ale, refermented in the bottle) ‘Trois Pistoles has a dark brown color topped with a rich foam mousse. Its slightly sweet taste is enhanced by accents of roasted malt, cocoa, ripe fruit and dark spices with a smooth finish like an old port.’

Orange crème caramel.
Paired with Unibroue ‘Seigneuriale’ (7.5% abv, Strong amber Ale) ‘Seigneuriale has an opaque amber color and spirited effervescence. Its floral, spicy and yeasty bouquet reveals a complex flavor of citrus, malt and ripe fruit undertones with a dry, hoppy finale.’

Should I do another live feed of info? Next pairing might be better as chim will be getting his netbook in and we might use that instead, but for now it will have to be from my iphone.

At the tasting. Great stuff. Chon interviewed the chef and I'd recording video of the unibroue distributor and the chef. They will be up on his site nerdydrunk.com

Sounds delish. Price?

$50 per person, just like normal.

Next month will be Brew Dog. A brewery in Scotland. I have never had any of their beers but apparently they do a wicked line of stouts aged in single malt barrels and the beermaster of the events is going to try and get a cask of one of their stouts for the next pairing :drool:

fourth course looks awesome!

It was. The glaze was to die for. The bacon was a bit of an overload for that dish, though. Don't get me wrong, I love bacon, but there is a time and a place for it, like when it is wrapped around a deep fried twinkie.