Hawt Been watching True Blood lately...

water

Flaccid Member
Oct 29, 2004
AZ
Marklar
₥272
...and have been skipping the Lafayette parts. Seriously, I don't care. They've got this gripping and intense story going with the vampires on the brink of war and they keep cutting into it with this totally pointless and boring romance crap.

:rolleyes:

Also, did anyone watch Persons Unknown? I thought it was ok, it got a little silly and tedious towards the end though.

Actually even the actor that plays Lafayette said the storyline is too much. Not because he doesn't want to play gay, but because he's supposed to be a hooker and not settle down. I agree with that. Added to that they made this storyline however inappropriate to the character it is too long.

Actually even the actor that plays Lafayette said the storyline is too much. Not because he doesn't want to play gay, but because he's supposed to be a hooker and not settle down. I agree with that. Added to that they made this storyline however inappropriate to the character it is too long.

I don't mind the gay aspect, and I went to lengths in wording my initial post so that it wouldn't be perceived that way, it's just how pointless the whole relationship is at this point in the show. There's so much going on elsewhere that is much more interesting, they're just watering it down by adding the nurse-dude character and having the romance evolve with such a big share of screen time.

I don't mind the gay aspect, and I went to lengths in wording my initial post so that it wouldn't be perceived that way, it's just how pointless the whole relationship is at this point in the show. There's so much going on elsewhere that is much more interesting, they're just watering it down by adding the nurse-dude character and having the romance evolve with such a big share of screen time.

Yes, I agree with you. It is nothing to do with the gay thing. But I guess what are you going to do with with his character when in the books he died after the first season? How else are you going to write him in?

SPOILER

Actually, he's supposed to be dead.

While I kinda agree, I said the same thing about the Sam's family storyline, but it did get interesting. I'm pretty sure this one will too...

The books are nothing like the tv series. The first one is almost to a T, but the rest aren't. Dunno... I didn't enjoy them that much.

Dharma - worth reading the books instead of watching the show? Or is it lilke Dexter where the books are really shit?

I enjoyed the books, but a friend of mine says she wishes that she had waited until the series was over before reading the books.

I wouldn't stop watching the series though.

Since when is sex, women nudity, orgiastic events, blood, guts, gore, swearing relegated to women exclusively?