FYI Been gone for a while

Jehannum

Puts the "pro" in procrastination
Jul 24, 2013
Albuquerque, NM
Marklar
₥107,722
So in August, I was diagnosed with testicular cancer.

I've been feeling like hammered shit up until basically today. I started chemotherapy last week, and now I can't stand up for more than about 15 minutes at a stretch (my hematocrit is around 30% right now). What'd I miss?

Don't you love being a germ warfare lab all winter? We incubate and mutate the same cold virus from about November to March. Freakin' crotchfruits.

It got worse when he started going to daycare
Every nasty persons filthy carpet monkey coming in contact with my kid, then him bringing their filth back into my house
Some people just dont wash, and I dont understand that

I'm more concerned about contracting foot, hand, and mouth disease from my daughter. She's got 2 confirmed cases at her school, and I've got no business getting any sicker than I am.
Oh damn man, you need to get your wife to wash everything in bleach. Had to when my mom was on chemo.

Even the dishes -.-

I'm more concerned about contracting foot, hand, and mouth disease from my daughter. She's got 2 confirmed cases at her school, and I've got no business getting any sicker than I am.

Ugh so sorry - we had that in preschool last year but fortunately we didn't get it in this house.

I really wish you the best during your treatments.

Ugh so sorry - we had that in preschool last year but fortunately we didn't get it in this house.

I really wish you the best during your treatments.
Thanks. Aside from the crippling fatigue and nausea (which I'm now treating with barbituates - lorazepam), it's not actually so bad. The outlook is overwhelmingly positive, we're going for "cure", not "remission", and I've still got a better than 95% chance of that, since I was in stage 2b (distant metastases in the peritoneal cavity > 1.5cm in diameter).

Thanks. Aside from the crippling fatigue and nausea (which I'm now treating with barbituates - lorazepam), it's not actually so bad. The outlook is overwhelmingly positive, we're going for "cure", not "remission", and I've still got a better than 95% chance of that, since I was in stage 2b (distant metastases in the peritoneal cavity > 1.5cm in diameter).
That's a fucking awesome diagnosis to get - "congrats" probably isn't the best word to use but hey, I'll use it.

It'll suck for a little while, but you'll get through it and be back to normal. Hang in there.

Cancer is so horrible that even it's cure sucks ass. My favorite aunt and younger sister still don't have a good relationship because of how mean chemo made my aunt, and that was back in '93.

How long until you get back to "normal"?

Cancer is so horrible that even it's cure sucks ass. My favorite aunt and younger sister still don't have a good relationship because of how mean chemo made my aunt, and that was back in '93.

How long until you get back to "normal"?
Sometime after 3 December (my last treatment). I'm still going out to Austin for the Gran Prix in the middle of November.