FYI Been gone for a while

every single person in my family that has died, has died of cancer. I will too, so will my parents.

They also survived it several times before they died. My grandmother had cancer 4 times in her life, the earliest in her 40s. She beat it then and didnt get it again until she was 60something, beat it then too, and beat it again in her 70s. All different types of cancer, not remissions.

Because she didnt just say "eh, im done", i got to know my grandma. That is, before alzheimers took her away :(

Are you suggesting that if given a 10% chance of living an extra year with chemo, you'd do it?? Fuck that.

chemo sucks no matter the scenario, but it can put you into serious remission, or "cure" a good portion of the time.

You all are making it sound like chemo fails 90% of the time. It doesnt.

chemo sucks no matter the scenario, but it can put you into serious remission, or "cure" a good portion of the time.

Works for most of the popular cancers actually.

If you get some of the less popular ones your treatments are mostly from the 50s =/

With my comment I wasn't trying to make it sound like that, sorry if it did. My point was if I were told there was no hope and chemo would only prolong what we all knew was coming in the near future by maybe a year or two at best, which was my friends situation, I wouldn't put myself through that after witnessing what she went through. However, if I was in the situation like @ Jehannum or like my coworker who was told he would absolutely beat his colon cancer (which he did) by putting himself through chemo I would absolutely do it.

I think what I hate most about chemo is the steroid they put me on. It's an absolute nightmare: most of the time, it makes me feel helpless and soppy, but it also provokes rapid mood swings to rage.

I think what I hate most about chemo is the steroid they put me on. It's an absolute nightmare: most of the time, it makes me feel helpless and soppy, but it also provokes rapid mood swings to rage.

:( unable to control it? How are the kiddos and the wife handling that? Do they understand its because of los drogas?

I'm so sorry. It really does suck. Hang in there.

Also, I volunteer in the cancer community a lot. I have a ton of resources if you or your family need anything. These people are favorites of mine if you need someone to talk to that really "gets it". http://www.imermanangels.org/

Good luck to you man.

My uncle is battling stage 4 carcinoma right now, chemo is ridiculous. He's a shell of his former self in just weeks.

:( unable to control it? How are the kiddos and the wife handling that? Do they understand its because of los drogas?
The wife understands. The crotchfruits not so much. They're resilient though, and the wife does a yeoman's job keeping us separate during the rough patches.

I'm more concerned about contracting foot, hand, and mouth disease from my daughter. She's got 2 confirmed cases at her school, and I've got no business getting any sicker than I am.

:heart:
attachment.php
attachment.php

As always, fuck cancer. :mad: