Hawt Because Racecar

It's not a class. It's a student organization. I get no school credit for this.

well if that's the case then this needs to be your design

Penis-Art-Car.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
I won't make it till the 11:00 news, but it will prolly be on their sites tomorrow.
I'm hoping for it. I know that (I think) Bay News 9 won't air anything until their Daytona special on Monday (?)

The owner of Daytona is arranging to give all of us there full access to the races at Daytona weekend after this one. Full garage/pit access, etc etc etc.
Ladybutt made Disney plans for her birthday next weekend

160213729PART145538290.jpg

Trying something new with the jig system. I designed a 3d printed base to prevent left-right movement of the frame, then designed a LaserJet cut piece as a top cap to prevent any bolt tearout of the relatively low strength plastic. Reinforced the sides of the 3d printed with chemically melted ABS
Seems to work out pretty well, and frees up area on the front to allow for better jig placement of the front. I'd like to get them machined out of billet in the future.

:sigh:

80+ miles and an hour total of face-time with various managers and lead engineers, all I have are two "maybe"s
Better than what I had before, at least.
Every now and then I really love the weak as shit network this school provides. It doesn't reach far, but when it does it usually hits pretty good.
My Mon/Wed class had 4 or 5 CEOs, VPs, etc come and talk to the class. I BS'd with the sole Mech Engineering guy there and asked if he could help us out. Unfortunately his firm usually focuses on design and farms out their machining and prototyping, instead he reached out to the presidents of two of the companies he works with. Both of them agreed to machine the uprights for us.

Such a huge weight lifted.

Hey Tampa people, Engineering Expo is tomorrow and Saturday. I won't be there, but the car will be running on a small track set within parking lot 8E

@Ledboots, can't remember how old your kid(s?) are, but the entire event is designed for elementary age kids to get a taste of engineering.

I will try and figure out when the car is running

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
Fucking retardation around here.
A lot of engineering orgs on campus don't know what they're doing and as a result their budget is crap. College of Engineering formed the Engineering Council, designed to lobby the Student Govt for money, then it will be distributed amongst the engineering orgs. As a way of further "pooling resources" organizations that have tools that other orgs don't will "be asked" to share those tools with other orgs. Being that we have the most tools and the biggest shop, I'm fairly sure that mainly means us.

There's not really a good way that this will go for us. We'll need to either do the work or train these randos that come in, both will take away from our time on our machines, will at a minimum put even more wear on our parts and at worse will damage or break our tools/bits/mills, and open us to even more liability due to untrained people coming in.

I'm designing an accounting sheet now that will monitor how many people come in, for what, what they use/break, and how long they take, but I feel I'm missing something that will help us strengthen the case to keep these fucktards out or get us more money to replace shit. The engineering dept does have a workshop that all students can go into and use, but it's sort of weak. They don't get their funding from SG, so I'm planning on approaching the guy that runs it and see if we can maybe join together and have people come into his shop with requests for tools or whatever and if they don't have it they can come to us. If they don't have the tool, they can record the student that asked for it, what they asked for, etc etc. and maybe increase their capabilities while lessening the dependence on us or any other org.

you should hurry up and gradumacate so that you can get paid to deal with bullshit like this.

:shifty:

Nah, it's a fairly small turbo but sized nicely for our engine, I think we're hoping to get a reliable 75HP from the system with it? It was fun trying to find an oiling system that didn't have to rely on engine oil, as our system uses a lot of roller bearings and has a max pressure less than 5PSI.

I'll get better/actual pics when the system is actually in place on the dyno