Because... it's useless...

zengirl said:
Annually you will shake hands with 11 women who have recently masturbated and failed to wash their hands.
This is no joke. Esp with alot of college chicks around. Half the time they smell like pussy.

Or I'm imagining it.

FlamingGlory said:
This is no joke. Esp with alot of college chicks around. Half the time they smell like pussy.

Or I'm imagining it.

you're too young to know what that smells like.

Sharks apparently are the only animals that never get sick. As far as is known, they are immune to every known disease including cancer.

if a man watches a woman undress in front of a window, he can be arrested as a peeping tom, if a woman watches a man undress in front of a window, she can have him arrested for indecent exposure. where's the fun in that? [That's America - land of the free, home of the no fault law suit.]

buluga whales, the top of the food chain for pcb and heavy metal poisoning. They are so full of contaminants, when they are found beached, they qualify as a toxic biohazard.

No president of the United States was an only child.

Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history. Spades - King David; Clubs - Alexander the Great; Hearts - Charlemagne; and Diamonds - Julius Caesar.

There is no single cat called the panther. The name is commonly applied to the leopard, but it is also used to refer to the puma and the jaguar. A black panther is really a black leopard.

While in some countries the penalty for driving while intoxicated can be death (yes, death), in Uruguay intoxication is a legal excuse for having an accident while driving. "Please believe me officer, I really was drunk."

Strychnine was in Hitler's anti-gas pills which he took daily. It was suspected his doctor was trying to assassinate him slowly

According to http://www.merriam-webster.com/info/04words.htm, The top 10 looked up words online this last year are these:

Blog
incumbent
electoral
insurgent
hurricane
cicada
peloton : noun (1951) : the main body of riders in a bicycle race
partisan
sovereignty
defenestration
Terrifying Fact: #10 in this list, defenestration means "a throwing of a person or thing out of a window." Let's just hope that was an SAT word this year.

The only two days of the year in which there are no professional sports games (MLB, NBA, NHL, or NFL) are the day before and the day after the Major League All-Star Game.

China has more English speakers than the United States.

The penalty for killing a cat, 4,000 years ago in Egypt, was death.

The only member of the band ZZ Top without a beard has the last name Beard.

There are only 12 letters in the Hawaiian alphabet.

Of 200 Anglican priests polled only 68 could name all Ten Commandments. Half, however, said they believed in space aliens.

In Maine, it's illegal for a police officer to tell you to have a nice day after giving you a traffic ticket.

The Pentagon, in Arlington, Virginia, has twice as many bathrooms as is necessary. When it was built in the 1940s, the state of Virginia still had segregation laws requiring separate toilet facilities for blacks and whites.

The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is uncopyrightable.

Earth means "dirt."

Swans are the only birds with penises.

Our sun's name is Aurora, our moon's name is Luna (I thought I'd throw that one in there cuz I didn't know if people realized that)

Thirty-five percent of the people who use personal ads for dating are already married.

In the 1940s, the FCC assigned television's Channel 1 to Mobile Services (two-way radios in taxicabs, for instance) but did not re-number the other channel assignments. That's why your TV set has channels 2 and up, but no channel 1.

The name Jeep came from the abbreviation used in the army for the "General Purpose" vehicle, G.P.

A Boeing 747's wingspan is longer than the Wright brothers' first flight.

The tallest tree on the planet, a giant redwood that soars 370 feet into the California sky, is still growing.

Camels have three eyelids to protect themselves from blowing sand.

Camel milk does not curdle.

A praying mantis will eat a black widow.

The giant squid is the largest creature without a backbone. It weighs up to 2.5 tons and grows up to 55 feet long. Each eye is a foot or more in diameter.

All pet hamsters are descended from a single female wild golden hamster found with a litter of 12 young in Syria in 1930.

April23 said:
This is supposedly a myth.

If a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both front legs in the
air, the person died in battle; if the horse has one front leg in the
air, the person died as a result of wounds received in battle; if the
horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes.

Not supposedly

http://www.snopes.com/military/statue.htm

Claim: The number of hooves lifted into the air on equestrian statues reveals how the riders died.

Jeez guys, freakin truth seekers had to go and nitpick my thread :mad:

I was driving to work today and heard a snippet on Meg Ryan and Russel Crowe... and being as she was married to Dennis Quaid for so long and now divorced, it struck me HOW MANY Hollywood couples do divorce... and then I wondered who had the longest Hollywood marriage... so this moring, I start my search.

So far, Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward are both well known American actors, with lengthy and successful careers in film. They were married January 29, 1958, at 1:00 PM and are still married at present, making this one of the longest Hollywood marriages on record.

Eddie Van Halen and Valerie Bertinelli split in 2002 after 20 years of marriage

Sophia Loren and Carlo Ponti married September 17, 1957 (he's a producer)

I'm at a loss to find anything else. :lol:

zengirl said:

I was driving to work today and heard a snippet on Meg Ryan and Russel Crowe... and being as she was married to Dennis Quaid for so long and now divorced, it struck me HOW MANY Hollywood couples do divorce... and then I wondered who had the longest Hollywood marriage... so this moring, I start my search.

So far, Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward are both well known American actors, with lengthy and successful careers in film. They were married January 29, 1958, at 1:00 PM and are still married at present, making this one of the longest Hollywood marriages on record.

What about Ronnie and Nancy???

edit: they were married in 1952, so by my math that would have made them married for 52 years.

editedit: the Reagans that is.

Last edited:
zengirl said:

Ruby Dee and Ossie Davis (two black actors) were married for 54 years. Ossie Davis just died this February.

I heard on NPR last week, that some couple in Englad (I think) celebrated their 80th wedding anniversary, making them the longest married couple ever.