Because... it's useless...

Rembrandt died broke. A friend had to come up with the $5.20 it cost to bury the great master.

Vincent van Gogh didn't start to draw until he was 27 years old.

The full name of Harriet Beecher Stowe's novel Uncle Tom's Cabin is actually Uncle Tom's Cabin; or, Life Among the Lowly.

The man who commissioned the Mona Lisa refused it.

The IRS employees tax manual has instructions for collecting taxes after a nuclear war.

Dragonflies have six legs but cannot walk!

A marine catfish can taste with any part of its body.

J. Edgar Hoover liked to fire FBI agents whose palms were sweaty when shaking hands.

Identity crisis? About 10% of Jewish households have Christmas Trees.

In 1976 an LA secretary named Jannene Swift officially married a 50 pound rock in a ceremony witnessed by more than 20 people.

The smallest human penis ever recorded was just 5/8 of an inch long!

elpmis said:
The oldest musical instrument is probably the flute. It's been discovered that primitive cave dwellers made an instrument from bamboo or some other small hollow wood.

Bill Nye said the oldest musical instrument was the human voice. The very foundations of my world are crumbling :confused:

jaxxor said:
Bill Nye said the oldest musical instrument was the human voice. The very foundations of my world are crumbling :confused:
i remember that episode. his little sidekick chick even sang out "The human voiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice".

A pig's orgasm lasts 30 minutes.

According to legend, there’s a Superman in every episode of Seinfeld.

WAL-MART generates $3,000,000.00 in revenues every 7 minutes!

Annual growth of WWW traffic is 314,000%.

Only 55% of Americans know that the sun is a star.

99% of people cannot lick their own elbow

The United States has never lost a war in which mules were used

The ashes of the metal magnesium are heavier than magnesium itself

A Boeing 747's wingspan is longer than the Wright brother's first flight

elpmis said:
yeah, he was a piece of shit. racist, elitist, corrupt....he was a terrible human being from start to finish and basically ruined the image of the FBI for decades to come.

y'all realize that the majority of this stuff is probably just made up and completely unverifiable, right? :p

edit: [/party pooper]

Cat facts, because I :heart: them

Children are more allergic to cockroaches than they are to cats!

If left to her own devices, a female cat may have three to seven kittens every four months.

Kittens are born with both eyes and ears closed. When the eyes open, they are always blue at first. They change color over a period of months to the final eye color.

A cat cannot see directly under its nose. This is why the cat cannot seem to find tidbits on the floor.

Many cats cannot properly digest cow's milk. Milk and milk products give them diarrhea. (One of my cats is a milk fiend, every morning he flips out until Ryan fills his dish with milk and he seems to have no problems with it)

Cats lack a true collarbone. Because of this lack, cats can generally squeeze their bodies through any space they can get their heads through. You may have seen a cat testing the size of an opening by careful measurement with the head.

Cats have a full inner-eyelid, or nictitating membrane. This inner-eyelid serves to help protect the eyes from dryness and damage. When the cat is ill, the inner-eyelid will frequently close partially, making it visible to the observer.

You can tell a cat's mood by looking into its eyes. A frightened or excited cat will have large, round pupils. An angry cat will have narrow pupils. The pupil size is related as much to the cat's emotions as to the degree of light.

Both humans and cats have identical regions in the brain responsible for emotion.

A cat's brain is more similar to a man's brain than that of a dog.

Blue-eyed, white cats are often deaf.

Cats have a special scent organ located in the roof of their mouth, called the Jacobson's organ. It analyzes smells - and is the reason why you will sometimes see your cat "sneer" when they encounter a strong odor.

Cats respond most readily to names that end in an "ee" sound.

Female felines are "superfecund," which means that each of the kittens in her litter can have a different father.

Many cats love having their forehead gently stroked.

If a cat is frightened, put your hand over its eyes and forehead, or let him bury his head in your armpit to help calm him.

A cat will tremble or shiver when it is in extreme pain.

Purring does not always indicate that a cat is happy and healthy - some cats will purr loudly when they are terrified or in pain.

Not every cat gets "high" from catnip. If the cat doesn't have a specific gene, it won't react (about 20% do not have the gene). Catnip is non-addictive.

A cat can jump 5 times as high as it is tall. (which is interesting, my youngest male has a tail that is over 12" long ... FREAKISHLY long for his size... and he jumps 5-6 feet in the air, he's an amazing jumper)

Cats with long, lean bodies are more likely to be outgoing, and more protective and vocal than those with a stocky build. (I can testify to the truth of this)

A steady diet of dog food may cause blindness in your cat - it lacks taurine.

If your cat snores, or rolls over on his back to expose his belly, it means he trusts you.

When your cats rubs up against you, she is actually marking you as "hers" with her scent. If your cat pushes his face against your head, it is a sign of acceptance and affection.

A cat can be either right-pawed or left-pawed.

A cat will almost never meow at another cat. Cats use this sound for humans.

Chemicals can be absorbed through a cat's paws. Floor waxes and cleaning solutions pose a particular danger.

Cats prefer to dine in a quiet spot, at the same time and in the same place each day (it's true, my 5 cats each have their own separate bowls which they go to when it's meal time. To see 5 cats line up in the same manner at the same time every day is really funny.)