Beat Box

man, I been askin for video since last summer at the conference.

tampa music conference, summer 07. i'm one of the hosts. intro the acts, fill space, etc.. stroke the sponsors, etc. (insert joke)

so I intro Mr. Smith (aka Justin Smith, super bowl winning former linebacker for the bucs).. he of "white T" fame if you've ever seen me in one of his promo shirts. think he's on myspace at www.myspace.com/mrsmithmusiconline tho i'm not sure.

he comes on and his music CD cuts out.. at first i'm thinking he's just doing acapellas to emphasize verses.. then it does it again. and in a weird place. long story short, I just jumped in and started beatboxing thru like THE ENTIRE 3 MINUTES of his song. dunno if you've ever done it, but it's a lil exhausting. my face was red and ish afterwards, lmao.

i was just mad cause I didn't have a mic stand to clip the mic into and use my hands for sound effects. also didn't know his song real well so it was hard to know when to cut out for acapellas and when to go to the same beat for the hooks.

good shyte tho. people to this day talk about it. and apparently, I won a Loafie, or at least contributed.. "better than the original" :hay: