Beaches be mad about this pic.....

3 days post partum I was still stuck in the hospital and had to have 2 units of blood. So yeah, I'm totally jealous she looks like that 3 days post partum :fly: Seriously I'm jealous of any delivery that didn't require all the medical intervention I had!!!

Took me about 1.5-2 weeks to get my pre-pregnancy body back though which isn't bad considering all the drugs that had to leave my system.

I feel like being fit before you have a kid, and continuing to stay so during pregnancy (exercising and not eating bon bons all day long on the couch is not gonna miscarry your kid) makes a huge difference

LOL, she went for a jog to induce the labor.

I feel like being fit before you have a kid, and continuing to stay so during pregnancy (exercising and not eating bon bons all day long on the couch is not gonna miscarry your kid) makes a huge difference

You can't just be fit right before pregnancy... What you do in your teens makes a ginormous difference as to how your body reacts to trauma later on. (pregnancy is traumatic on a woman's body overall)

Holy fawk. NINETY percent?? That just seems inaccurate.

A part of me says "no way" like you and a part of me thinks that the vast majority of my friends have them. I have them on my body from puberty (hips/boobs) but did not get them from pregnancy so my stomach is totally clear of them. I didn't even do anything to not keep them away like some do with creams and stuff.

You can't just be fit right before pregnancy... What you do in your teens makes a ginormous difference as to how your body reacts to trauma later on. (pregnancy is traumatic on a woman's body overall)

I don't think for all women it has to start in their teens. You have to be fit more than just before pregnancy but my early 20s were the worst for me. I got more fit at least several years before pregnancy and even including the HELLP syndrome issue, I did physically recover kind of quickly considering. Though my stitches did take longer but my clotting was all f'd up for a while.

so if you were unhealthy as a teenager, but got fit later in life, you're basically screwed?

A part of me says "no way" like you and a part of me thinks that the vast majority of my friends have them. I have them on my body from puberty (hips/boobs) but did not get them from pregnancy so my stomach is totally clear of them. I didn't even do anything to not keep them away like some do with creams and stuff.

Yea, I have a cousin who after the birth of her son looked like a tiger scratched her all over her back and stomach. I couldn't believe it. I never got any.

Yea, I have a cousin who after the birth of her son looked like a tiger scratched her all over her back and stomach. I couldn't believe it. I never got any.

I know three people I've seen and yeah, they were awful. Big pinkish purply looking things. Mine at least are just a lighter color than my skin so they don't stand out quite as much and they are easily hidden since they are on my lower hips and the like. I seriously was so worried I'd get them while pregnant but thankfully nothing!

so if you were unhealthy as a teenager, but got fit later in life, you're basically screwed?

I don't think for all women it has to start in their teens. You have to be fit more than just before pregnancy but my early 20s were the worst for me. I got more fit at least several years before pregnancy and even including the HELLP syndrome issue, I did physically recover kind of quickly considering. Though my stitches did take longer but my clotting was all f'd up for a while.

I think that using my judgey vadge sensor, most women that I've known that didn't recover well after birth, were lazier as kids and teens. Pretty much alllll of my cousins, for one.

I've dated a few different women who have had kids and don't have a mark on them. 90 percent seems like a high number.

I know three people I've seen and yeah, they were awful. Big pinkish purply looking things. Mine at least are just a lighter color than my skin so they don't stand out quite as much and they are easily hidden since they are on my lower hips and the like. I seriously was so worried I'd get them while pregnant but thankfully nothing!

My cousin's are like deep gouges! I. Cannot. Imagine.

I think that using my judgey vadge sensor, most women that I've known that didn't recover well after birth, were lazier as kids and teens. Pretty much alllll of my cousins, for one.

I think Amstel was right. It's the, "I'm eating for two" justification. They just don't realize the 2nd person isn't an adult.

I do think that lazier lifestyles might not help to recovering. I was good through about 19 or so and then had issues, then got back. I also didn't have a kid until I was 30 so I had time between to turn it around. I think if you have a healthier lifestyle and have maintained it for a while you'll be fine.

Like I said I had issues healing some places, but that 100% related to the issues. My doctor even said I recovered extremely fast considering. I think healthy lifestyles before and during pregnancy goes a long way. No one needs to sit around and do nothing and gain over 30 pounds edit: unless underweight and the doctor says it.

That's my judgy comment of the day.