Batton down the hatches!

Valve1138

I like the AB in the GB
Oct 19, 2004
South Harmon Institute of Technology
Marklar
₥69,198
I'm up here in Maine and the power is finally back on for the most part.

Major flooding happening, and we're an hour away from high tide! :eek:

This shit reminds me of hurricane Gloria back in '85 it's that bad.

Amazingly, school is in session for the local public schools. The college I go to at least cancelled, not that I have any classes today. :rolleyes:

do you have flood insurance?

I don't worry about floods, the water would have to rise twelve feet to damage my apartment. If Lake Michigan ever overflows and the water gets that high I've got bigger stuff to worry about than my belongings...like finding that damn Ark.

My house isn't in any flood danger thankfully. But there is an entire section of downtown thats right on the coast that will be under 2 feet of water at some point today.

And I'm so glad I put a new roof on before winter. Ice and water shield head to toe.

:fly: The power just flickered twice, yay for big honkin UPS's.

We had mega winds this morning, but no precipitation. Good luck to you and take very good pics.

It's really friggin windy here too. I'm not pleased with the weather this April.

But it gives you more reason to stay in and cuddle with your warm man and to hold you tight. Preferably naked and in that one couch just positioned so, in front of the camera over the hutch.....

:shifty:

I'm sure we can come to some agreement

SloanInQuarters.jpg

My big UPS just ran out of juice.

I stole the one off my desktop PC. Hopefully it will hold out until the power is restored.

Damnit, I'm hungry too.

I think I'll venture out for a drive for lunch. Some of my neighbors have been out and come back alive so I'll give it a shot.

I hear ya. We dont have flood warnings but it's been snowing/raining for 3 days and now the power is browning out every 5 minutes and I live in a swamp. If the power goes out we have to use buckets to keep the basement from flooding :(

*batten

3. Nautical.
b. a thin, flat length of wood or metal used for various purposes, as to hold the tarpaulin covering a hatch in place.