Battlefield2 24/7 here we come!!!

fly said:
Its a free market economy DEMANDED by Americans! Blame the guy that buys off brand jeans. Blame Wal-Mart. We want sh*t cheap is the bottom line. There are tons of places to blame, and until Americans give a sh*t, none of it matters.

And btw, guess what happens when Americans start earning less due to the global economy? Prices go down. Unfortunately, that usually lags behind the actual jobs, but does happen...
Bingo. And both you guys above this post read the last post I made in this thread.

You're right, there are some things we can't compete on, manufacturing being one of the primary things that come to mind. Does that mean we should take lower wages? No, it means we need to find something we can do that will continue to earn those wages and hopefully, isn't something that's easily transplanted to China.

Ma171aC said:
I'm all for trying to help other, less fortunate countries. Lets go, lets assist, LETS PUT A FUCKING GOVERNMENT IN PLACE THAT FUCKING WORKS INSTEAD OF GIVING THEM ALL OUR FUCKING JOBS.

Help a country does NOT MEAN hurt ours.

sorry.. /rant over

:heart:
So, in your perfect world, American companies only employ Americans. What happens when Asian companies start selling products in America for MUCH less? Guess what happens to those American companies.

What do you do then? Prevent companies from selling their goods in a country who prides itself on freedom?

Pandora said:
:lol: It's good to see that you have no idea what you're talking about. You shouldn't launch attacks on people when all you have are assumptions. There were quite a few years theac took paycuts to keep a job. It wasn't that long ago, we haven't forgotten what that was like.

Competition forces Americans to improve themselves. Sometimes people pay a price for not moving with a changing economy. But if they don't bury their heads in the sand they can see it coming and prepare, just as Knyte did. It's all survival of the fittest. So do what you need to to survive. There are no guarantees in life.
Yep. You pussies want to know hard? Try going without pay for the month of December ... 2 years in a row. Its a shitty thing to do, particularly around the holidays. What did I do? I got off my ass and figured out how I could make more money.

fly said:
Its a free market economy DEMANDED by Americans! Blame the guy that buys off brand jeans. Blame Wal-Mart. We want shit cheap is the bottom line. There are tons of places to blame, and until Americans give a shit, none of it matters.

And btw, guess what happens when Americans start earning less due to the global economy? Prices go down. Unfortunately, that usually lags behind the actual jobs, but does happen...

EXACTLY! People are so quick to bitch when companies do it, but then immediatly turn around and run straight to Wal-Mart. If people don't like the way businesses operate they only have theirselves to blame. They are the one supporting it by buying the companies product. That's why I don't fucking shop at Wal-Mart. I also don't shop at Petland because they sell pets. People need to put their money where their mouth is and quit bitching.

Coqui said:
And if you actually follow it, I'm gonna go over there and kick yer butt

Unfortunately no, I will not be. When I'm not job hunting/interviewing I'll be babysitting.

Besides, why I would play BF2 when Quake 4 comes out this week :shifty:

Coqui said:
And if you actually follow it, I'm gonna go over there and kick yer butt

I'm holding you to that, but don't worry, since I'll be working in the mornings, he gets to take care of Haylee while I'm gone.

Pandora said:
EXACTLY! People are so quick to bitch when companies do it, but then immediatly turn around and run straight to Wal-Mart. If people don't like the way businesses operate they only have theirselves to blame. They are the one supporting it by buying the companies product. That's why I don't fucking shop at Wal-Mart. I also don't shop at Petland because they sell pets. People need to put their money where their mouth is and quit bitching.
I'll shop at Wal-Mart for some things because most of the small stores have useless hours for a working person, so until they keep useful hours - I ain't shopping there.

blue form, brown box.

on another note, quite a few foreign car manufactures build in the US b/c the workforce is HIGHLY skilled and will always be that way. you can't keep quality high thousands of miles away. sure, there will be outsourcing to foreign countries, but its not always bad, nor is it that wide spread. Usually, foreign outsourcing frees up more capital for businesses to expand which in the end, means more jobs in the US.

ChikkenNoodul said:
I'll shop at Wal-Mart for some things because most of the small stores have useless hours for a working person, so until they keep useful hours - I ain't shopping there.
Yeah, I've always wondered why retail is open M-F 9-6 or something like that when 80% or better of their potential clients are out working themselves.

fly said:
Its a free market economy DEMANDED by Americans! Blame the guy that buys off brand jeans. Blame Wal-Mart. We want sh*t cheap is the bottom line. There are tons of places to blame, and until Americans give a sh*t, none of it matters.

Wal-Mart doesn't exist because we demanded that they do. Of course people have always wanted to save money whenever possible, but that's not the cause, it's the effect. Someone comes along and we decide to shop there based on the deals they give us. If there wasn't a Wal-Mart, we'd shop at the next nearest grocery store, much like we used to.

Wal-Mart is in it to make as much money as they can as quickly as they can. They could foster a stronger economy by paying their employees more, giving them benefits, and supporting unions, but they refuse to do all three so that people say "Wow, I can buy 40 gallons of milk for 35 cents! Thanks for having no overhead, Wal-Mart!!"

It's greed, plain and simple. And yes, greed is in fact what drives market economies (sellers luring in buyers with the best deals) but it's also what fucks people in the ass once you start bringing in dirt-eating poor people from other countries to do the same thing.

Our economy would be better off if our own citizens earned more money to spend, especially since they'd be spending it on OUR soil, at OUR stores, as opposed to sending it to India, Mexico, or other countries to support their poor families. In those cases it isn't doing our economy any good at all.

Sarcasmo said:
Wal-Mart doesn't exist because we demanded that they do. Of course people have always wanted to save money whenever possible, but that's not the cause, it's the effect. Someone comes along and we decide to shop there based on the deals they give us. If there wasn't a Wal-Mart, we'd shop at the next nearest grocery store, much like we used to.

Wal-Mart is in it to make as much money as they can as quickly as they can. They could foster a stronger economy by paying their employees more, giving them benefits, and supporting unions, but they refuse to do all three so that people say "Wow, I can buy 40 gallons of milk for 35 cents! Thanks for having no overhead, Wal-Mart!!"

It's greed, plain and simple. And yes, greed is in fact what drives market economies (sellers luring in buyers with the best deals) but it's also what f*cks people in the ass once you start bringing in dirt-eating poor people from other countries to do the same thing.

Our economy would be better off if our own citizens earned more money to spend, especially since they'd be spending it on OUR soil, at OUR stores, as opposed to sending it to India, Mexico, or other countries to support their poor families. In those cases it isn't doing our economy any good at all.
Have you ever taken an economics class?

Pandora said:
:lol: It's good to see that you have no idea what you're talking about. You shouldn't launch attacks on people when all you have are assumptions. There were quite a few years theac took paycuts to keep a job. It wasn't that long ago, we haven't forgotten what that was like.

Competition forces Americans to improve themselves. Sometimes people pay a price for not moving with a changing economy. But if they don't bury their heads in the sand they can see it coming and prepare, just as Knyte did. It's all survival of the fittest. So do what you need to to survive. There are no guarantees in life.

i wasn't attacking theac.. i was just going off on a pointless rant..

i really dont have much room to speak on any bit of this subject, i've never been "Laid Off" for any reason, i've always been employed throughout my life save 2-3 months about 2 years ago. In the time between 10th grade and my very early twenties i held 2 jobs to support my lifestyle and buy the things i wanted.

so.. once again, pointless rant, no idea WHAT THE HELL i'm talking about :p

Last edited:
fly said:
So, in your perfect world, American companies only employ Americans. What happens when Asian companies start selling products in America for MUCH less? Guess what happens to those American companies.

What do you do then? Prevent companies from selling their goods in a country who prides itself on freedom?

Actually this is a huge problem that economists and politicians are pulling their hair out over. When foreign companies attempt to undermine domestic ones by selling their products at far cheaper rates, it's the job of the domestic country's government to protect its economy by imposing trade tariffs on those foreign products. But the U.S. now has a thing called NAFTA that has eliminated that in large part.

China, on the other hand, has a massive trade surplus with the U.S., while being quite notorious in its choking and restricting of American trade on its soil. The U.S. does engage in protectionism, of course. And it always will. For example the imposition of high duties on imported steel, anti-dumping cases against Chinese televisions and the imposition of quota restrictions on China-manufactured textiles.

theacoustician said:
Have you ever taken an economics class?

So you disagree with that then? That's okay. A free market economy doesn't have to operate under the full theory of the "free market". That's actually self destructive. Which I learned in economics class. Governments impose restrictions on economies for a reason.