Battlefield2 24/7 here we come!!!

You could always do computer work for the military. You know, kill two birds with one stone. IT...guns....

elpmis said:
THINK OF THE SODA GNOMES THAT LOST THEIR JOB BECAUSE OF YOU :gloerf:

I've heard there are plenty of positions in the underwear gnomes industry, they'll be ok. Besides, I no longer can steal soda from GE CONSUMER FINANCE. That's right GE, after two years of adherring to policy of not advertising my employment on the internet I have just now told everyone that I worked for:

GENERAL ELECTRIC - CONSUMER FINANCE/CORPORATE PAYMENT SERVICES
4246 RIVERBOAT RD
TAYLORSVILLE,UT,84124

Sarcasmo said:
You could always do computer work for the military. You know, kill two birds with one stone. IT...guns....

*click click could mean both guns and mouse-clicking. BRILLIANT!

guiness.jpg

Last edited:
i'm sorry to hear of this! unless it means you WILL be moving to the ATL, of course. then i'm really happy about it! :D kiwi would make a KILLING at her photography here in atlanta...you'd be AMAZED at what people pay for that!!! think about THAT aspect!!! i'm not kidding, either. so knyte, come get a job through b_sinning and then kiwi can make a fortune (even doing part-time) with her photography!!!

(hugs to you both for a stressful time, i'm sure. :( )

God bless American companies for firing their American workers, too. Fucking fgts. You should forever boycott whoever you worked for, as should every other citizen of this country.

Sarcasmo said:
God bless American companies for firing their American workers, too. f*cking fgts. You should forever boycott whoever you worked for, as should every other citizen of this country.
Yes, please stop the free market economy.

theacoustician said:
Yes, please stop the free market economy.

Sorry, but when a country's free market economy leaves all of its citizens unemployed and employs every other country's citizens because their nations are povertous and cheap, it's pretty damn stupid.

Thorn Bird said:
i'm sorry to hear of this! unless it means you WILL be moving to the ATL, of course. then i'm really happy about it! :D kiwi would make a KILLING at her photography here in atlanta...you'd be AMAZED at what people pay for that!!! think about THAT aspect!!! i'm not kidding, either. so knyte, come get a job through b_sinning and then kiwi can make a fortune (even doing part-time) with her photography!!!

(hugs to you both for a stressful time, i'm sure. :( )

I'll start packing now. By the way, we are moving in with you till we find a house. :fly:

Sarcasmo said:
Sorry, but when a country's free market economy leaves all of its citizens unemployed and employs every other country's citizens because their nations are povertous and cheap, it's pretty d*mn stupid.
Why? Because it forces us off our butts to be competitive?

theacoustician said:

But the problem here is that they are hiring someone less qualified than Knyte to do his job because they can pay him a lot less. How are we supposed to compete with that? At my last job I worked in Quality Assurance at a call center. They were regular shipping entire departments to Mexico (both the employees on the phones and their QA departments), simply cause they could pay them 1/3 or less what they paid us. There was nothing the employees could do that would change it.

kiwi said:
I'll start packing now. By the way, we are moving in with you till we find a house. :fly:

we've got two extra bedrooms, so c'mon!!! (at LEAST come check it out WHEN knyte gets an interview at scad or whatever!!)

kiwi said:
But the problem here is that they are hiring someone less qualified than Knyte to do his job because they can pay him a lot less. How are we supposed to compete with that? At my last job I worked in Quality Assurance at a call center. They were regular shipping entire departments to Mexico (both the employees on the phones and their QA departments), simply cause they could pay them 1/3 or less what they paid us. There was nothing the employees could do that would change it.
Well, I agree that the wholesale move of certain jobs JUST because the actual wage is lower is short sighted. Some businesses are already realizing this and actually moving some call centers back to the US and Canada. They're finding the "true" cost of doing business in countries like India is much higher because of time zone differences, cultural differences, language barrier, etc. not to mention actual skill level.

However, if the "true" cost of doing business overseas is less than that of doing it in the US and all other things are equal, you'd have to be dumb not to move.

theacoustician said:

yes, competition. Lets compete with people who can live off of 1000 dollars a year for living expenses, food, water.. IF they have electricity.

Think about the rising cost of living in america, now you want us to COMPETE by taking paycuts..

sorry sir, but for seemingly as educated as you are, i think your high level, high paying position has made you forget about the little people who may not make that much and regardless of what they try and try to do can't make ends meet.

Yeah, lets keep paying american workers less and less so our debt grows higher and higher so we can all keep filing bankruptcy.

Eventually that'll get to you, you that makes more money and aparently has no issues with it, you'll end up paying higher and higher interest rates, or getting taxed more and more and more and punished by insurance companies and leasing companies and banks.

Then lets here you talk about competition and how its perfectly fine for our american corporations firing american citizens so they can hire some retard from africa at 1/4 the yearly salary and dont have to give him benefits.

You're not exempt in any of this either.. every company is at risk all it takes is some big wig having a meeting going.. "WOW, we could save millions a year by subcontracting to (insert foreign country here).

I'm all for trying to help other, less fortunate countries. Lets go, lets assist, LETS PUT A FUCKING GOVERNMENT IN PLACE THAT FUCKING WORKS INSTEAD OF GIVING THEM ALL OUR FUCKING JOBS.

Help a country does NOT MEAN hurt ours.

sorry.. /rant over

:heart:

theacoustician said:

It has nothing to do with being competitive. It has to do with stretching too thin and trying to make and sell too much. When companies become operationally bloated the only way for them to make satisfactory profits is to cut costs by eliminating or replacing as many benefits and workers as they can. And that's garbage. That's not a free market economy, it's a cut-throat display of greed and irresponsibility.

If your employer sold your job to one of 70 trillion Indian people in another country and hemisphere would you shake their hand and say "Well done, well done indeed - you're really supporting that free market economy"?

As I'm sure you know it's pretty rare for big time CEOs to make as much as the guy on the loading dock. And yet that massive pay cut would substantially improve their beloved company's bottom line and increase that competitive edge, wouldn't it? So it's not about the principle of staying competitive, it's about greed, and not knowing (or caring) about any of the principles of running an efficient business. Shareholders piss and moan when they don't see 300% dividend returns because they have no idea how anything really works, and CEOs make 10-20 times as much as they should.

As my best friend's dad once told me (he was a very successful corporate axe-man/consultant - like the Bobs in Office Space) "It's completely unnecessary to lay people off 80% of the time. It's simply a matter of finding what works and sticking with it, even if it means less profit than you might otherwise achieve through other means."

Sarcasmo said:
It has nothing to do with being competitive. It has to do with stretching too thin and trying to make and sell too much. When companies become operationally bloated the only way for them to make satisfactory profits is to cut costs by eliminating or replacing as many benefits and workers as they can. And that's garbage. That's not a free market economy, it's a cut-throat display of greed and irresponsibility.
Its a free market economy DEMANDED by Americans! Blame the guy that buys off brand jeans. Blame Wal-Mart. We want shit cheap is the bottom line. There are tons of places to blame, and until Americans give a shit, none of it matters.

And btw, guess what happens when Americans start earning less due to the global economy? Prices go down. Unfortunately, that usually lags behind the actual jobs, but does happen...

Ma171aC said:
yes, competition. Lets compete with people who can live off of 1000 dollars a year for living expenses, food, water.. IF they have electricity.

Think about the rising cost of living in america, now you want us to COMPETE by taking paycuts..

sorry sir, but for seemingly as educated as you are, i think your high level, high paying position has made you forget about the little people who may not make that much and regardless of what they try and try to do can't make ends meet.

Yeah, lets keep paying american workers less and less so our debt grows higher and higher so we can all keep filing bankruptcy.

Eventually that'll get to you, you that makes more money and aparently has no issues with it, you'll end up paying higher and higher interest rates, or getting taxed more and more and more and punished by insurance companies and leasing companies and banks.

Then lets here you talk about competition and how its perfectly fine for our american corporations firing american citizens so they can hire some retard from africa at 1/4 the yearly salary and dont have to give him benefits.

You're not exempt in any of this either.. every company is at risk all it takes is some big wig having a meeting going.. "WOW, we could save millions a year by subcontracting to (insert foreign country here).

I'm all for trying to help other, less fortunate countries. Lets go, lets assist, LETS PUT A FUCKING GOVERNMENT IN PLACE THAT FUCKING WORKS INSTEAD OF GIVING THEM ALL OUR FUCKING JOBS.

Help a country does NOT MEAN hurt ours.

sorry.. /rant over

:heart:

:lol: It's good to see that you have no idea what you're talking about. You shouldn't launch attacks on people when all you have are assumptions. There were quite a few years theac took paycuts to keep a job. It wasn't that long ago, we haven't forgotten what that was like.

Competition forces Americans to improve themselves. Sometimes people pay a price for not moving with a changing economy. But if they don't bury their heads in the sand they can see it coming and prepare, just as Knyte did. It's all survival of the fittest. So do what you need to to survive. There are no guarantees in life.