Battlefield2 24/7 here we come!!!

water

Flaccid Member
Oct 29, 2004
AZ
Marklar
₥272
I got laid off today.

Corporate downsizing at the site I was supporting came down like the hammer of Thor and smashed my job to bits. I will receive 8 full paid weeks severance, and a recommendation letter from both of my bosses. To be honest I saw this coming several weeks ago when they replaced my co-worker with an outsourced technician from India (so they are literally outsourcing-the-outsourced support now), so I prepard myself as any American would by browsing monster.com at work a lot and doing absolutely nothing work-related for the last 2 weeks. I'm not particularly concerned about it as my resume is pretty solid, and I've got a buddy who is massaging his bosses to get me in working with him. One way or another things will work out fine, hopefully before the two months is up so I can keep those stupid double-pay dollahs. :fly:

And the jokes on them...I've been stealing soda from the "Pay A Quarter for 32oz" fountain for the last 6 months. :lol:

How is everyone else's day going?

Last edited:
*hug* Sucks. I've been through it. Should times get rough, don't be picky about the job. That's one thing I leanred later on.

There's job openings in Atlanta ;)

Coqui said:
*hug* Sucks. I've been through it. Should times get rough, don't be picky about the job. That's one thing I leanred later on.

There's job openings in Atlanta ;)

Well said. I don't have too much pride to work Taco Bell if it means getting the bills paid.

;) , I saw the ATL thread and got a good chuckle out of it. Who knows, I may have to take it!

KNYTE said:
Well said. I don't have too much pride to work Taco Bell if it means getting the bills paid.

;) , I saw the ATL thread and got a good chuckle out of it. Who knows, I may have to take it!

Yeah I gave in and decided to take a 30K Pay cut. some money is always better than no money. It was still computer related fortunately so I could put it on my resume. Great thing was I had Wed. off but worked on Saturdays. Guess when my interviews were :D

KNYTE said:

Thorn, instead of visit, maybe we'll just move there! :D