FYI Battlefield Play4Free

This game sounds horrendously stupid....

Not so in BFP4F. Each player account contains multiple soldiers, but each soldier is independent: his own name, his own XP, his own unlocks. And his own class. So if your soldier is recon class and you realize that the game you're in really needs more medics, too bad. Your soldier is recon and recon alone. You can't switch class in-game, you can't pick up other players' kits—your only recourse is to leave the game, switch soldiers, and then try to rejoin the same team on the same server as you were in before. Good luck with that.

Login servers don't work and gameplay is shit. Yup, it's EA alright.

GG.

Last edited:
it was still a shittily coded game.

Ea.. Best game concepts, worst execution.

They also need to replace punk buster with something that works.

my buddies that got it to work said karkand looked cartoony. mashtur city looked identical though i guess...

so, basically bc2 characters/classes/paid for weapons in bf2?

I'm still really confused here by what EA is doing. Why are they essentially rereleasing BF2 with (apparently) better graphics? Its cool that its free and all, but I really don't see that draw actually holding people.

The end result is that they will declare the free model a failure, when more than likely - its rereleasing a 5 year old game thats the true failure.

pretty easy to see, spent minimal money and development recycling concepts and stuff they already have.

they definitely couldn't sell such a game, but add in options to personalize character and weapons for cash... might have something that makes money. its like a first person shooter meets the sims gaming concept. or the farm game thing on facebook.