Battlefield 2 thread...

FlyNavy said:
Over the course of a year. I'm sure you've wasted an equal amount of time sitting on your ass watching TV. :p

edit: or even posting on this forum ;)

Nahhh, I waste 90% of my time in dark dingy bar's drinking my liver/money away!!!!!! :D :D :D

I think I am gonna go play bf2 now :(

KNYTE said:
I have term for playing on pistol/knife servers:
STAT PADDING.

Yeah right...you think this is stat padding?

hiscore420.JPG

All those kills were with the knife by the way!!

I kill you any way you want :)

Oh yeah, MOST of my time comes from the 4 hours between me getting home from work and Sarah getting home from work. I clean the kitty doodoos, the doggie doodoos, take care of the dishes, vaccuum, THEN i play BF2 until Sarah gets home. :p Granted there have been a few weekends of marathon 14 hour days :p

And why did i start playing pistols n knives? cause EA are dicks about the ranking system. YOu need 20,000 points to get to whatever rank i just was...took me 8 months to get there...Then once there i had 2 more weapons to unlock, and i couldnt get them until I racked up an ADDITIONAL 30,000 points to be the rank i am now...let me tell you...i was hating that time and i ran out of awards/medals i could get because all the weapon packs need me to play them for 100 hours to get expert.. WTF ... thats just crazy!! so i got my medic expert, then ivebeen working on anti tank and i think i need 9 more hours to get expert anti tank! Then the next closes pack is like 70 hours mroe or something...real stupid if you ask me.. but at thesame time i'm getting darn good at taking out tanks/apc with the SRAW now :D oh and people too LOL

It sure is fun i tell ya what!!

You guys need better time management.

Last edited:
SchmilK said:
Yeah right...you think this is stat padding?

hiscore420.JPG

All those kills were with the knife by the way!!

I kill you any way you want :)

Oh yeah, MOST of my time comes from the 4 hours between me getting home from work and Sarah getting home from work. I clean the kitty doodoos, the doggie doodoos, take care of the dishes, vaccuum, THEN i play BF2 until Sarah gets home. :p Granted there have been a few weekends of marathon 14 hour days :p

And why did i start playing pistols n knives? cause EA are dicks about the ranking system. YOu need 20,000 points to get to whatever rank i just was...took me 8 months to get there...Then once there i had 2 more weapons to unlock, and i couldnt get them until I racked up an ADDITIONAL 30,000 points to be the rank i am now...let me tell you...i was hating that time and i ran out of awards/medals i could get because all the weapon packs need me to play them for 100 hours to get expert.. WTF ... thats just crazy!! so i got my medic expert, then ivebeen working on anti tank and i think i need 9 more hours to get expert anti tank! Then the next closes pack is like 70 hours mroe or something...real stupid if you ask me.. but at thesame time i'm getting darn good at taking out tanks/apc with the SRAW now :D oh and people too LOL

It sure is fun i tell ya what!!

You guys need better time management.

did i really just read all that, i never read big threads

now i remember why, lol

Back when this game first came out I was top 10 for about 2 weeks in grenade launcher kills. (I'm a pussy whore, I know). I made some players so angry with my wicked accurate ownage that I got kickvotes initiated against me almost every time I played. Sharqi and Mashtuur were the best. So many spots to blow entire groups of people into the shitter.

I think when I get an awesome PC I will have to give the game another go. Until then I've got too many other things to do.

Sarcasmo said:
Back when this game first came out I was top 10 for about 2 weeks in grenade launcher kills. (I'm a pussy whore, I know). I made some players so angry with my wicked accurate ownage that I got kickvotes initiated against me almost every time I played. Sharqi and Mashtuur were the best. So many spots to blow entire groups of people into the shitter.

I think when I get an awesome PC I will have to give the game another go. Until then I've got too many other things to do.

Pretty much every pistol/knife server i am on i get somone trying to vote me off the island cause im killing the dickens out of them with the knife...problem with this is that if your computer cant keep up with the action around you, players look further away then they are, so im running up to the guy looking left/right/straffing left/right then i swing my knife and hes dead, but cause that computer cant keep up with that much action he/she just sees me coming straight at them walking, from the first sight. :-/ i dunno...theres alot of goofiness in this game, and I cnat wait for 2142 to come out!!

Sarcasmo said:

I was ranked #1 in parchuting in Karkand with mines in the northwest quadrant when jets flew over the crane.

Ooh yeah...if you want a kick ass coputer for CHEAP build one of these!!!

http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/05/10/dual_41_ghz_cores/

Then a new article that came out last week that took things a step further

http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/06/12/your_diy_gaming_rig_for_720/

We built 2 of them for work to do adobe after effects using a cheapo $85 coolermaster aquagate 120mm water cooler, asus mobo, 2 gig ram, and the processor for $508!!! Add on your video card, and harddrive and you WILL have a killer computer!!

The other kicker is using the asus motherboard a program called AIBooster comes with it, using that you can overclock from 2.6ghz to 3.5ghz just by pressing a button!! And it DOES make a HUGE HUGE difference!! Using 3DMark05 as a test stock with an Asus X1900XTX 512mb card we got 7,800. Once we overclocked it to 3.5ghz (or 130%) we scored 10,600!! Thats a HUGE HUGE jump! Using the bios and custom settings you CAN get the processor up to 4.1ghz, but you get an error about cpu overclocking failed, but its a fake error and teh computer WILL boot andrun fine after you press F1 to continue.

ceiling fly said:
I was ranked #1 in parchuting in Karkand with mines in the northwest quadrant when jets flew over the crane.

Don't be jealous of my game, fgt. You'll get there someday.

SpangeMonkee said:
hahaha. it can't even handle ani gifs. hahhaha..

I think I have a Voodoo 2 layin' around if you want it.

It can handle anigifs. :mad: Just not more than three at a time.

I forgot how much damn fun this game was. Who here plays the SF add-on? I picked it up and have been playing the Wake Island 2007 map for a while. That map is awesome.

Oh, and that new support gun (the MG36) is amazing. I've been wreaking havoc with that thing. It's my new favorite weapon.