Battlefield 2 patch 1.03 - 10/3

sweet...maybe I'll get back into the game now...they need new boards bad though....any word on official new boards?

I just need to figure out what's up with the processing of the game. If I'm around too many artillery blasts and live, then my graphics get all messed up.

Coqui said:
I just need to figure out what's up with the processing of the game. If I'm around too many artillery blasts and live, then my graphics get all messed up.
Maybe the shake/blur thing doesn't work for you.

Coqui said:

It's because my arty strikes are scaring not only you, but your PC as well. :fly:

Suspected (Not confirmed) changes apparently have been leaked:

BF2 patch 1.03 Alpha - 2 Sept · Beta - 19 Sept · Final - 23 Sept

· CQC/ECG Sub - 28 Sept
· Release - 3 Oct Wake Island· In a surprise move, forces of the People's Liberation Army have attacked and captured Wake Island in a bid to threaten US lines of supply. USMC forces have been short-stopped from their deployment in Manchuria to respond to this new threat. The airbase on Wake Island is the lynchpin of the Chinese air threat, however it is highly susceptible to ground attack.

Compare Feature· By clicking the COMPARE button in BFHQ, you can search for another players name and load their current stats into BFHQ. Using the arrow buttons next to the name in the top-left corner of the menu, you can toggle between your stats and their stats. You can also load a player's stats by double-clicking on their name in any leaderboard.

BF2 Account Tag · You can add a 6-character prefix to your account nickname which will be displayed in-game next to your nametag in the scoresheet, in game messages, and above your player. This prefix does not change your account name or statistic information (e.g. the prefix does not appear next to your name on the leaderboards). You can change this prefix at any time at the account login menu.

Server Reserved Slots· Server admins can define a list of player BF2 account names which will reserve VIP slots on the server.

Engineer/Helicopter· Modified the rate at which engineer can repair a helicopter while sitting in the helicopter. It now takes longer for the engineer to repair the helicopter.

Vehicle/Control Point Capture· Only one person in a vehicle counts towards a control point capture. If passengers want to increase the rate of the flag change, they must disembark from the vehicle.

Vehicle/Soldier interaction· Improved physics of vehicles against soldiers so that soldiers are not as easily killed by moving vehicles. Bring on the wing-walkers!

Auto Balance· Auto team balance no longer moves the commander or squad leaders to the other team.

Point Farming· Limits placed on ability to point farm.

Rank/Awards· Criteria for gaining ranks and awards has been changed.

Supply Drop· The commander's supply drop now has an icon on the minimap and a 3D-map icon in the world.

Thank God. I got killed many times looking for the damn supply drop that was supposedly "near my location."

What the hell is point farming?

Sarcasmo said:
Thank God. I got killed many times looking for the damn supply drop that was supposedly "near my location."

What the hell is point farming?

I think that part is somewhat stupid. Medics getting points for healing constantly (they basically don't want you healing the same person all the time and getting points for it) or the same with resupply.

:rolleyes: What's the point of being a medic or Support if you can't heal or resupply