close to Seattle
Marklar
₥0
nasty......

Gobble In A Bottle
Thursday November 11, 2004 4:00AM PT

Turkey Soda
Turkey Soda
Sure, there's probably a pizza joint in town that will fill your stomach's basic needs, but if you're looking for something with a more festive feel, you might try a bottle of turkey soda. It comes flavored with a hint of gravy, and there's no fuss, no muss in prepping it and minimal clean-up when you're finished feasting. The soda debuted last November and was a surprise hit among consumers (though we doubt that a lot of consumption was actually going on). So for Thanksgiving 2004, Jones Soda Co., maker of the meaty drink, is increasing its supply and upping the ante. This year's soda offering has been fleshed out to include green bean casserole, mashed potato, cranberry, and fruitcake as well as the main fare -- turkey and gravy. While we think only the falsies crowd should actually consider drinking in this Thanksgiving feast, the turkey and gravy soda sold out last year, and its inventors are banking on the same holiday cheer to send them laughing all the way to bank. But you can bet their victory toast will involve something a little tastier than turkey soda (they can't stomach the stuff either). We, in turn, want you to know there is a whole world of turkey outside of soda, just waiting to be discovered.

ChikkenNoodul said:
:lol: I remember this from last year, their new ones sound even worse!

Let me just get this out right now- I love turkey. Seriously love it. The thought of bottled turkey whatever it is, is just revolting to me. And those other ones....... gross!

BigDov said:
I know that the cranberry and fruitcake ones couldn't be all bad, but the grean bean casserole, no way in hell.

dude! that's the best one of all! I could eat a whole pan of that stuff by myself :D

by jove, I'm going to find a place that sells these and take pictures of the taste test!

jaxxor said:
dude! that's the best one of all! I could eat a whole pan of that stuff by myself :D

by jove, I'm going to find a place that sells these and take pictures of the taste test!

Eating it, yes. Drinking a carbonated likeness of it, not so sure.

:fly: