Banned Book Week.

Scary Stories by Alvin Schwartz is the number 1 most challenged book of the past decade? Jesus, I grew up on those things, they're great

Bubbles said:
I read "Are you there God? It's me Margaret", it's a really good book but I haven't read it in years. It's still in my collection though.

I don't think any girl going through puberty should go without reading that book. I wish I still had a copy of it.

Oh, and the Sleeping Beauty Series by A.N. Roquelaure (Anne Rice) is some of the dirtiest stuff I've ever read. Loved it.

I do have to say I can sort of understand challenging books for school reading. There are some things I was forced to read in school that I wish I had never read. I don't think that books should be banned altogether, but I think that if a student doesn't want to read a horrifying short story about a man being buried alive for example, the student shouldn't really have to.

Last edited:
My english teacher in the 10th grade was a total nazi about reading. We must've read Mein Kampf about 4 times.

Bubbles said:
I didn't see that on the list. That was one of my favorite books when I was little. My mom has boxes of books that I read when I was a baby, I need to go look through some of those.

It's at the bottom. My mom had a copy as well, but it's long been worn out and thrown away. :( I may have to search Ebay.

I always wondered what BBW stood for.
I have to wonder though, when I googled BBW all I got was links to pics of large women.
What gives? It's supposed to mean banned book week, right?

CletusJones said:
I always wondered what BBW stood for.
I have to wonder though, when I googled BBW all I got was links to pics of large women.
What gives? It's supposed to mean banned book week, right?

:pics: of large women:drool: