Baking Exchange -

I use a pressure cooker when making pulled chicken or pork. I find the pressure really makes the meat almost fall apart.

Also, a pressure cooker makes a great steamer. I spray the perforated tray with some PAM or something and just don't lock down the lid. Works great.

I also make "instant" soap. Chicken broth, seasoning, chicken hunks, veggies, even some potatoes if I am feeling a bit randy, screw the lid on, and in 15 mins homemade soup. Depressurize, pop in noodles, wait to repressurize, by that time (3 mins) the noodles are done.

so what does a pressure cooker do differently than a crock pot in regards to meat? besides pressurize it. i guess it's faster?

You can boil stuff at a higher temperature because the steam generated is superheated 250F or so instead of 212F.

fixd

Also the pressure works kinda like tenderizing meat by pushing moisture into the food.

And zengoat, there are no less than 3 mechanisms for pressure to be released if something goes wrong. They are just as safe as a microwave.

you boil stuff at a higher temperature in a pressure cooker because the boiling point of something under pressure is much higher than something at regular pressure. for the same reason, something cooked on a mountaintop must be cooked longer because the boiling point is lower due to the lower pressure of elevation.

new pressure cookers have multiple release mechanisms. they got a bad rep when the old school ones had only two pressure release mechanisms, and the second one was fragmentation of the cooker. no one likes shrapnel in the kitchen.

I got a surprise in the mail today from Thornikins!

It was actually weird because it was left by my door between the hours of 10:30pm and 7am. I can only assume that Thorn sent her pixies to deliver.

The box had a butterfly sticker on it <3

cookies.jpg

cookies2.jpg

BTW the cookies were so good. They almost tasted like cupcakes they were so moist.

Thanks Thorn what a nice surprise <3

you thank me by...by using...by using THAT WORD??? :dont:

:fly: i'm glad you like them. i don't know why they took two days longer to get there. :confused:
now, you love pumpkin...are these pumpkiny or just spicy? i can't really tell.

you thank me by...by using...by using THAT WORD??? :dont:

:fly: i'm glad you like them. i don't know why they took two days longer to get there. :confused:
now, you love pumpkin...are these pumpkiny or just spicy? i can't really tell.

lol I was trying to find a way around that word but I couldn't :(

I think they are pumpkiny. I likes em.

mikey still has not cone by to enjoy some. They are sooooooo good.

and after i specifically sent them to his foster parents. :( he moved out a few days too early!!

Feedback from my co-worker: OMG!!!!! They are SO soft and delicious!

Better than moist eh?

yes much thanks. :fly:

:rant: :rant: :rant: :barf: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Sooo what is the white moist stuff made of?

i'd have to check what spange had for lunch that day. probably ham and yoplait.

the icing is made from confectioners sugar, milk, vanilla and a bit of melted butter. you want to make it kind of thick -- you need to be able to drizzle it but also not have it too thin. if it gets too thick, you can add a spot more of milk to get it to the right drizzling need. dammit now my mouth is watering. i love those things. :(

my neighbor is watching my dog while i'm away for thanksgiving. he said some delicious baked goods arrived and that he might just have to eat them so they don't go bad before i return. :) thank you whoever sent them! i'll let you know if he saves any for me.

my neighbor is watching my dog while i'm away for thanksgiving. he said some delicious baked goods arrived and that he might just have to eat them so they don't go bad before i return. :) thank you whoever sent them! i'll let you know if he saves any for me.

your neighbor opens your mail? :wtf:

he didn't open it, he just said it looks like baked goods. he knows about the exchange. i told him to open it to see what it is. he hasn't responded since i did.

maybe it was poisoned, and you just dodged a bullet?

OMG F33NX :heart: this is delicious! What recipe is this, for I must have it. It's like a pecan pie, but chocolaty.

I also admire your courage to send a pie in the mail. It actually arrived in spectacular shape.

OMG F33NX :heart: this is delicious! What recipe is this, for I must have it. It's like a pecan pie, but chocolaty.

I also admire your courage to send a pie in the mail. It actually arrived in spectacular shape.

i am a learned goddess for sending baked things in the mail :cool:
you, sir, have just been hit by my chocolate pecan pie :heart: and the recipe is my sekrat. there are few people who have watched and taken notes, and that's about it. i have never made my lemon bars around people for the same reason