Baking Exchange -

you will do no such thing. i made that pie for you/us. :p

having "secret recipes" is lame unless your livelihood depends on it, which it does not :p do you think the world is going to come grinding to a halt if you were to divulge this information?

can I be in your secret recipe club? please, please, please??? :fly:

Okay, here is my recipe for crack bars

1 package dry chocolate chip cookie mix, 1 pound 1 1/2 ounces (definitely an interesting base to this, but it so works)
7 tablespoons softened butter
1 large egg, beaten
4 tablespoons Kahlua or other coffee liqueur (I honestly prefer Starbucks)
3 tablespoons instant espresso
1 tablespoon ground coffee beans (i like a good strong coffee to go along with the rest of this)
1 cup bittersweet chocolate chunks (I like Ghiradelli)
4 ounces walnut pieces (optional, but i like my nuts)

preheat oven to 375F, and grease up a 7x9 or 9x11 baking dish
dump cookie mix into a large mixing bowl and make a well in the center
make a slurry of the egg, coffee liqueur, and ground coffees.
pour slurry into the well, and mix thoroughly.
take the butter and cut it into small pats, and carefully drop the pats into the mixture. work this into the dough- at this point it's going to be thick, so hands are almost a necessity to mix.
then mix in the walnuts and the chocolate chunks. the dough should be very think, almost a little grainy from all the coffee, this is okay, it all works out in the end. place the dough into the baking pan and smooth out until evenly distributed
bake at 375 for about 25 minutes, or until your house smells like a coffee shop.

i will warn separately from the recipe: THERE IS ABOUT A SHOT OF ESPRESSO'S WORTH OF CAFFEINE IN EACH BAR. these are designed to get you buzzing. so don't eat half the pan at a time, mmmkay? i've OD'd on caffeine before and it ain't pretty.

i will warn separately from the recipe: THERE IS ABOUT A SHOT OF ESPRESSO'S WORTH OF CAFFEINE IN EACH BAR. these are designed to get you buzzing. so don't eat half the pan at a time, mmmkay? i've OD'd on caffeine before and it ain't pretty.

This I know. :lol: