WTF Bad boys, Bad boys, whatcha gonna do

Me mum
Her Majesty the Queen charges and commands all persons being assembled immediately to disperse and peaceably to depart to their habitations or to their lawful business on the pain of being guilty of an offence for which, on conviction, they may be sentenced to imprisonment for life. God save the Queen.
With which we as children were threatened with daily.

I'm just gonna say it can be safer to have more people arresting you. They don't apply as much force etc.

If you 1v1 some dude who works out everyday and does MMA on the side he's gonna assume you have bad intentions and put you in the ground. He's got back up, let the gentle lambs apply some handcuffs.

I'm completely serious too. When I had my "questionable" I was alone. I thought the dude was gonna kill me.
I was at a concert years ago, in the covered pavilion area(they have a grass area). Some dude tried to crash into the pavilion area. Suddenly there is a scuffle and I see a guy about 6'4" with his face to the floor and he's yelling up at me "dude, they're hurting me!". All I could say was "stop struggling." The first rule of getting arrested: don't present a difficult or confrontational target, you'll just get yourself fucking hurt. BY presenting a calm, co-operative exterior, I've got myself uncuffed and out of the back of a patrol car. Mildly apologetic goes miles on traffic stops too.
The dude at the concert could have talked his way back out to the safety of the grass area - tried to power through, met with bigger-than-he security dudes. :lol: Play stupid games, get stupid prizes.

• Gravy
Reactions: ZRH and HipHugHer

Couple things...

1. One camera angle doesn't tell the whole story obviously. Dude was coming after the cop and wasn't going to stop unless he got smoked.

2. After dude was down and no longer a threat cops seem to be more worried about shooter cop's state of mind than they are about the now non-threat of a dude bleeding out on the pavement.

3. Shooter cop is understandably distraught but should be able to put that aside and take care of business, at least in the moment, if he's supposed to be some sort of professional police officer. Can deal with that emotional shit later.

4. As usual shootee is left to bleed out and die. Cops rarely perform first aid. It's as if they're told not to, just call an ambulance and let the chips fall.

I don't have any problem at all with the cop shooting that guy. It's what happened after the shots I have a problem with.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
"Dead men tell no tales"

I doubt the cop knew how much different video there was but it was a fair shoot.

It must be some kind of policy. I've seen it countless times not just in shootings but all kinds of situations where the cops just will not render aid. They'll block traffic and call an ambulance but they won't even try to do anything to help the people until the medics get there.
A 15 year old with a first aid class under their belt is a far better asset than that.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
I doubt the cop knew how much different video there was but it was a fair shoot.

It must be some kind of policy. I've seen it countless times not just in shootings but all kinds of situations where the cops just will not render aid. They'll block traffic and call an ambulance but they won't even try to do anything to help the people until the medics get there.
A 15 year old with a first aid class under their belt is a far better asset than that.
A 15 year old with a first aid class under his/her belt isn't likely to be shooting anyone to begin with.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
A 15 year old with a first aid class under his/her belt isn't likely to be shooting anyone to begin with.

True.
Not just shootings. Car wrecks. Medical emergencies. Etc.

Happened one time right on our street when we still lived downtown. Chick went down having what looked to be a pretty strong seizure. Cop literally right there doing nothing. Ran over there to at least keep her from hurting herself any further while the wife had the ambulance on the phone faster than the cop did.

there isn't a separate legal thread, and while I usually put law stuff in the politics thread, I think this can go here.

to be clear, while this is the cop thread, I'm quite certain the cops that arrested him wouldn't have guessed he'd be up for a life sentence for this, & the term "pig laws" referenced in the article isn't about that kind of pig, but I'm putting it here bc it relates back to the entire legal system being fucked.