WTF Bad boys, Bad boys, whatcha gonna do

Curious - you any good at stealing? I see people stealing all the time at stores with inadequate protections - guess you can't RFID chip everything in the store. Although, I worked at JC Pennys for a short stint - we TRIED to chip everything.
Chips are security theatre. They are not probable cause except in SC. The only thing that prevents theft is reputation.

Reputation is catching people at the door handcuffing them and calling the cops.

What kind of a hippie are you, not stealing from the man? If businesses keeping the profit of labor is unjust, in your opinion, it seems you would try to liberate that profit from the other end. I'm confused by this lack of consistency.
I'm not a hippie
and
I'm fine with other people stealing, I just personally do not need to & the risks outweigh the benefits for me. are we going to rehash the "and you even have a JOB like a GOOD CORPORATE SLAVE" argument next?

• Haha
Reactions: wetwillie
also, while I may not myself steal, literally what do you, random store-goer, have to gain by protecting corporate profits? and is it more important than what they have to lose, given you don't know what situation they may be in that led to theft?
A. I have no respect for people who suck at their jobs. Bad thieves suck at their job.
B. I don't know it's an unjust corporation. I don't consider profits unjust - some profit is always needed to keep the gears going. E.g. Purchasing more materials, expanding space, increased worker PPE, increased wages . . .
c. sometimes they are dressed too f'n nice and are just doing it to steal. Because stealing is easier than working. Like I confronted this black dude who was wearing a suit, fucker slides a nice steak down the front of his pants. Stopped directly in front of him "you ain't leaving with that steak. Put it back or i will yell for store security." Of course he threatened me. I let him know I wasn't feeling threatened by his lesser than mine stature.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Chips are security theatre. They are not probable cause except in SC. The only thing that prevents theft is reputation.

Reputation is catching people at the door handcuffing them and calling the cops.
IDK - we stopped a lot of people at JCP due to the chips. A few times our manager ran after them. Usually they just dropped the shit and ran. :fly:

• Gravy
I'm not a hippie
and
I'm fine with other people stealing, I just personally do not need to & the risks outweigh the benefits for me. are we going to rehash the "and you even have a JOB like a GOOD CORPORATE SLAVE" argument next?
Stealing is wrong.

This is one issue I won't back down from.

I've been homeless 6 months and I still ain't stolen shit.

No one likes a theif.

• Gravy
also to bring it back to the topic at hand, if a dude in a red Target polo "arrests" you in a Target because you were stealing, that is a very different scenario from seemingly random guys rolling up on you in the street and roughly shoving you into an unmarked van. she may be unaware that she is alleged to have committed those crimes, so her best knowledge may have only been that she is getting kidnapped by randoms for being an organizer.

Stealing is wrong.

No one likes a theif.
e0c.gif

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
IDK - we stopped a lot of people at JCP due to the chips. A few times our manager ran after them. Usually they just dropped the shit and ran. :fly:
Yeah you can do that. When you're paid LP though they only count full on arrests though. There is what's called 5 steps:

You see them w/o the shit
You see them take the shit
You see them attempt to exit w/ the shit

Stealing is wrong.

No one likes a thief.
I generally agree stealing is wrong. Few situational times where is could range from "ok" to "totally fucking cool."
People eating grapes in the store is stealing but I'll give them a pass. To a point.

• Gravy
also to bring it back to the topic at hand, if a dude in a red Target polo "arrests" you in a Target because you were stealing, that is a very different scenario from seemingly random guys rolling up on you in the street and roughly shoving you into an unmarked van. she may be unaware that she is alleged to have committed those crimes, so her best knowledge may have only been that she is getting kidnapped by randoms for being an organizer.
Don't put arrest in quotes. It's real arrest. Also it will never be a dude in red. My chosen outfit was earth tone hoody and facemask before it was cool (govt requirement).

Dudes rolling up yelling NYPD. Because we have so many death squads in the US.

Don't put arrest in quotes. It's real arrest. Also it will never be a dude in red. My chosen outfit was earth tone hoody and facemask before it was cool (govt requirement).

Dudes rolling up yelling NYPD. Because we have so many death squads in the US.
were they yelling NYPD? the audio isn't great, but also literally anybody can claim to be NYPD and as we saw in Vegas, they *may* get caught after the fact, but that doesn't give me very much faith that a rando dude in pads is really police

also sure, we probably don't have death squads in the US yet so far as we are aware, but if you can't understand how incremental changes can add up, I really don't know what to tell you.

"...Each act, each occasion, is worse than the last, but only a little worse. You wait for the next and the next. You wait for one great shocking occasion, thinking that others, when such a shock comes, will join with you in resisting somehow. You don't want to act, or even talk, alone; you don't want to 'go out of your way to make trouble.' Why not?-Well, you are not in the habit of doing it. And it is not just fear, fear of standing alone, that restrains you; it is also genuine uncertainty. Uncertainty is a very important factor, and, instead of decreasing as time goes on, it grows. Outside, in the streets, in the general community, 'everyone' is happy. One hears no protest, and certainly sees none. You know, in France or Italy there would be slogans against the government painted on walls and fences; in Germany, outside the great cities, perhaps, there is not even this. In the university community, in your own community, you speak privately to your colleagues, some of whom certainly feel as you do; but what do they say? They say, 'It's not so bad' or 'You're seeing things' or 'You're an alarmist.'

And you are an alarmist. You are saying that this must lead to this, and you can't prove it. These are the beginnings, yes; but how do you know for sure when you don't know the end, and how do you know, or even surmise, the end? On the one hand, your enemies, the law, the regime, the Party, intimidate you. On the other, your colleagues pooh-pooh you as pessimistic or even neurotic. You are left with your close friends, who are, naturally, people who have always thought as you have....

But the one great shocking occasion, when tens or hundreds or thousands will join with you, never comes. That's the difficulty. If the last and worst act of the whole regime had come immediately after the first and smallest, thousands, yes, millions would have been sufficiently shocked-if, let us say, the gassing of the Jews in '43 had come immediately after the 'German Firm' stickers on the windows of non-Jewish shops in '33. But of course this isn't the way it happens. In between come all the hundreds of little steps, some of them imperceptible, each of them preparing you not to be shocked by the next. Step C is not so much worse than Step B, and, if you did not make a stand at Step B, why should you at Step C? And so on to Step D.

And one day, too late, your principles, if you were ever sensible of them, all rush in upon you. The burden of self-deception has grown too heavy, and some minor incident, in my case my little boy, hardly more than a baby, saying 'Jewish swine,' collapses it all at once, and you see that everything, everything, has changed and changed completely under your nose. The world you live in-your nation, your people-is not the world you were born in at all. The forms are all there, all untouched, all reassuring, the houses, the shops, the jobs, the mealtimes, the visits, the concerts, the cinema, the holidays. But the spirit, which you never noticed because you made the lifelong mistake of identifying it with the forms, is changed. Now you live in a world of hate and fear, and the people who hate and fear do not even know it themselves; when everyone is transformed, no one is transformed. Now you live in a system which rules without responsibility even to God. The system itself could not have intended this in the beginning, but in order to sustain itself it was compelled to go all the way."

-Milton Mayer, They Thought They Were Free: The Germans 1933-1945

were they yelling NYPD? the audio isn't great, but also literally anybody can claim to be NYPD and as we saw in Vegas, they *may* get caught after the fact, but that doesn't give me very much faith that a rando dude in pads is really police
I mean that's on you. If you can think in court you can prove that identified (lanyard/shouting) police were notifying you that you were under arrest and you didn't believe them and resisted. Good on ya cause that's not a bet I'd make.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie