WTF Bad boys, Bad boys, whatcha gonna do

Yeah. We have some real winners around here. An off duty cop (we didn't know what he was at the time) groped my sister at a concert, more than once and then he and some "friends" basically threatened her and her boyfriend when they tried reporting it. To another cop who witnessed most it.

• Sad
Reactions: Immigrant
Yeah. We have some real winners around here. An off duty cop (we didn't know what he was at the time) groped my sister at a concert, more than once and then he and some "friends" basically threatened her and her boyfriend when they tried reporting it. To another cop who witnessed most it.
What's her number? *In the spirit of @Darth Handsome :fly:

• Gravy
Reactions: Strings
8wHXBgo.jpg

I can only be slightly relieved that it isn't Lincoln County in New Mexico getting singled out here.

That incident is indicative of a weak recruitment process combined with shit training, a result of the effect rampant capitalism and misplaced priorities leads to.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
That incident is indicative of a weak recruitment process combined with shit training, a result of the effect rampant capitalism and misplaced priorities leads to.
Very true. At the jails they sometimes have trained teams for that kind of thing but not enough of that for the average cop.
Unfortunately hospital personnel are rarely trained any better at physical management. In teaching(in most areas) teachers aren't allowed to physically manage a child unless certified in that. I've heard horror stories in that regard - desks thrown through windows, classroom being "held" at scissorpoint. FFS

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant

You probably have a good point to some degree, I'd just shy away from putting too much of these incidences off on training or the hiring process and things. Those aren't robots, they're actual people doing that. People that shouldn't need official training or whatever to conduct themselves in some kind of humane manner and not over-react and escalate things needlessly.

They probably do need more or better yet different training, just laying too much on that makes for an easy out/blame shift for the people there doing the harm.
If anything it seems some of the training they do get actually seems to encourage them to view and thus treat more people as some kind of immediate personal threat when they're just not.

Yes I know that sounds like "don't blame it on training but get more training".

You probably have a good point to some degree, I'd just shy away from putting too much of these incidences off on training or the hiring process and things. Those aren't robots, they're actual people doing that. People that shouldn't need official training or whatever to conduct themselves in some kind of humane manner and not over-react and escalate things needlessly.

They probably do need more or better yet different training, just laying too much on that makes for an easy out/blame shift for the people there doing the harm.
If anything it seems some of the training they do get actually seems to encourage them to view and thus treat more people as some kind of immediate personal threat when they're just not.

Yes I know that sounds like "don't blame it on training but get more training".

Then we can pin it on rampant, unfettered capitalism favoring the haves, while the have nots require a two-person income to scrape by, and a couple generations later, we have adults who never had a “typical” two parent household...

Sometimes it takes generations before a societal change shows whether or not it was a good one or not.

Maybe these bad cops who can’t behave like decent humans had moms who were on prenatal vitamins made in a shack, or their parents were descended from the Donner Party and had a parasite that made them behave like WWE dorks who would rather fly off a turnbuckle than simply arrest someone, or..

Then we can pin it on rampant, unfettered capitalism favoring the haves, while the have nots require a two-person income to scrape by, and a couple generations later, we have adults who never had a “typical” two parent household...

Sometimes it takes generations before a societal change shows whether or not it was a good one or not.

Maybe these bad cops who can’t behave like decent humans had moms who were on prenatal vitamins made in a shack, or their parents were descended from the Donner Party and had a parasite that made them behave like WWE dorks who would rather fly off a turnbuckle than simply arrest someone, or..

Not seeing what any of that stuff has to do with that interaction. I bet you or I could've talked to them for more than a minute without pulling a weapon.
If security guy can't deal with people he shouldn't be there in the first place.
If his "training" told him to handle it that way he sure as hell doesn't need more of it.

Not seeing what any of that stuff has to do with that interaction. I bet you or I could've talked to them for more than a minute without pulling a weapon.
If security guy can't deal with people he shouldn't be there in the first place.
If his "training" told him to handle it that way he sure as hell doesn't need more of it.

You’re thinking I’m focusing more on training than recruitment issues, which I likely did, and being an Internet forum and I’m a lazy typer, stuff gets lost in translation.

Lazy recruitment practices can also be attributed to unfettered capitalism and low taxes, combined with misappropriation of funding. If the process required to screen out idiots is hampered by a lack of proper funding, then we have incidences like Tamir Rice, and the most recent thing with the cops beating the kid outside the ER.

If one jurisdiction fires a cop for being inept, then he goes a couple miles and gets hired by another LE agency and kills a kid, it’s totally on the system for hiring a dipshit.

Fund it. Train it. No cutting corners, something that has become commonplace because of capitalism. Almost solely.