WTF Bad boys, Bad boys, whatcha gonna do

Cops raid house. Cops shoot woman legally living there. Afterward, authorities find out that the man they were looking for in the house was in jail during the raid.

at first I thought it was gonna be about Alexis Resendez (see below), but nope, it's a different one

at first I thought it was gonna be about Alexis Resendez (see below), but nope, it's a different one

She should get a billion dollars.

From over here, that looks like another fine example of the downfall of recruitment/training measures, just like what happened to Tamir Rice.

I finally watched The Kalief Browder Story & holy shit what a failure of the legal system from start to finish, beginning with the shitty police work that led to him getting (falsely) ID'd. the cliffs notes are that a 16 year old kid was falsely identified as having stolen someone's backpack & ended up at Riker's for over 3 years, much of the time spent in solitary, including a stretch of over 400 days straight at one point. it's definitely worth the watch, but it's a tough one

I finally watched The Kalief Browder Story & holy shit what a failure of the legal system from start to finish, beginning with the shitty police work that led to him getting (falsely) ID'd. the cliffs notes are that a 16 year old kid was falsely identified as having stolen someone's backpack & ended up at Riker's for over 3 years, much of the time spent in solitary, including a stretch of over 400 days straight at one point. it's definitely worth the watch, but it's a tough one

Is this the guy that eventually killed himself?

Read a NY Times story about it.

People just can’t admit that Rikers Island purpose is largely to fuck over black men’s lives.

• Gravy
Reactions: pacojas
its fucked up he was in their but his own actions kept him solitary. He got into many fights.
if you had watched the movie before you responded with your hot take, you'd have seen that it addressed that by showing actual footage from inside the prison and interviews with former COs saying that he was constantly getting jumped because he didn't want to "get with The Program. " yeah he got into fights, he even started a couple, but it was because it was people who had jumped him in big groups. and Kalief was the one getting in trouble over this, not the dudes jumping him - theres several incidents caught on camera showing the COs watching him get jumped and doing nothing.

Don't try running, you'll just die tired.
Jush taking out the trash
I feel bad for the tweeker but wow did he make some dumb moves. imo. Cops are trained pursuit animals, you should avoid triggering them. A passive response throws them off. Getaway in a car when they are already in pursuit - like that's gonna work.

You know that spray foam insulation?

There is a variant of that I’ve seen on Modern Marvels that can envelope a human and stop them cold. I’ve also seen it in futuristic movies, but it’s available now.

How about they spend a little more on recruiting and training, and combine it with 21st century non-lethal weaponry? If the stupid cops aren’t sure who they have, spray em and sort it out later.

It’s a fuckin lot easier to sort out who is who than who is at fault. If that guy didn’t lunge at the cops or reveal a weapon, he should still be breathing right now. I don’t care what substance he was on, he didn’t get killed for lack of compliance from what I read.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie