WTF Bad boys, Bad boys, whatcha gonna do

I've had cops contact me for auditions for cover bands before and they were all pretty cool about it.

They'll say hey, my day job is a cop. I understand that can cause friction I totally get it. I understand you guys smoke dope and probably drive home legally drunk from gigs because lonely milfs feed you shots and I don't care when I'm off duty but just understand I can't do that or I'll lose my job.

I didn't end up taking them on permanently (I'm not fucking stupid) but they did fill in a gig or 3 and I sat in on a couple of their "clean" gigs too. ( They're not actually clean, they just know they can get wasted with other cops and they won't bust each other) and it all worked out fine. A couple of them were actually pretty fun and liked to be in an environment they could actually let loose and take a fuckin breath and get out from under everything that comes with their job.

I appreciated their honesty and straight forwardness and most of them aren't "bad people".

Yet at the same time if you narrowed it down to dealing with stuff like domestic disputes and rape cases and child abuse cases and things it's about the shittiest job one could have. I don't think there is an amount of money that could compensate for it and I don't think people dealing with that kind of shit for 5, 10, 20 years is good for anyone, including the cops. How could you see stuff like that on a regular basis and not become jaded?
You can't. Jesus CHrist, just from my small amount of work in criminal law there were definitely some things I didn't want to read about or see pictures of again. Shit can stick with you. The dead bodies I've found were a LOT less stressful and mind-fucky. * Too me - maybe it'd be visa-versa for someone else.
All valid reasons to be more thorough in the hiring process.
They are probably fine at the time of hiring, if it's their first cop job. What they need is to be re-assessed every few years.

I'm trying to be reasonable and view it from their perspective, not that that type of thing is encouraged here. They mostly deal with the extremes, and then just the negative ones. By the time they deal with somebody that somebody is usually at their worst.

It was once said that Barney Miller was the most realistic cop show.
Not many gun fights and car chases. Mostly sitting around booking weird people for small crimes and taking nutjobs to the mental hospital.

• Haha
Reactions: HipHugHer
You can't. Jesus CHrist, just from my small amount of work in criminal law there were definitely some things I didn't want to read about or see pictures of again. Shit can stick with you. The dead bodies I've found were a LOT less stressful and mind-fucky. * Too me - maybe it'd be visa-versa for someone else.
They are probably fine at the time of hiring, if it's their first cop job. What they need is to be re-assessed every few years.

The dead bodies I've come across weren't disturbing like that either. I guess more of a "well they're done, can't fix that". I don't think any of them were murders though, at least not that I know of. Couple child car wreck victims though.
It's a different kind of disturbing seeing living people hurt by other living people, probably 'cause it could still be stopped. Vigilantism and "street justice" do have their place.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
The dead bodies I've come across weren't disturbing like that either. I guess more of a "well they're done, can't fix that". I don't think any of them were murders though, at least not that I know of. Couple child car wreck victims though.
It's a different kind of disturbing seeing living people hurt by other living people, probably 'cause it could still be stopped. Vigilantism and "street justice" do have their place.
People do the worst shit. Real case in Flint: 3 teenage boys(15,16 & 16) decide they are going to beat up a homeless dude to "see what it sounds like when someone dies". Adults in the house they were outside of pulled out their cooler and lawn chairs and watched. Eventually the homeless dude was put down a manhole head first. He had leaves and water in his lungs, guess he took his last breath down there. Glad the cops caught the little fucks. Some percentage of those incarcerated DO belong there.
Quick deviation on ACAB - I was thinking that would be a good acronym for people like my boss. "All Computers Are Bad" for him. Truly comical the shit that trips him up. :fly: He thinks the Internet was a horrible mistake and should be dismantled.

y'all buying this story about Joshua Brown? that some dudes really travelled all the way from Louisiana to buy drugs from the dude that just made national news for testifying against a cop, shot him in the mouth, and then didn't even take the drugs they supposedly came all that way for?