WTF Bad boys, Bad boys, whatcha gonna do

I will say the covid thing has done a pretty good job of keeping the police in check here. Haven't been hassling people as much and ticketing them over petty shit like they used to for the most part. At least significantly reduced with the whole reduce unnecessary interactions because virus.

We did have a ballot proposal here in the city to give the department more money and use it to hire more officers but we voted it down overwhelmingly.
I wouldn't have a problem with hiring more if and only if they're used to handle actual crime, as in stuff that brings actual harm or loss to another person (you're pretty much on your own as far as property crimes here and have been since long before the whole defunding thing was ever a thing) but everyone knows they won't do that.
They'll just hire a fleet of officers to go fishing and generate revenue for themselves and the city over stupid petty shit and if some scumbag steals from you oh well, not gonna investigate or pursue that case, too busy. Gotta keep those guys out there transferring wealth instead.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
If somebody rolls a stop in front of a bus, gets tboned, and the bus was 1mph over the speed limit: the bus driver is getting the shit sued out of them.
Neither a cop or a bus driver is supposed to have immunity from an unwarranted taking of a life.
Note, I believe there is such a thing as a warranted taking of a life so there is that.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
If somebody rolls a stop in front of a bus, gets tboned, and the bus was 1mph over the speed limit: the bus driver is getting the shit sued out of them.
Bus drivers here are a scourge. Zero common courtesy on the roads.
Hey I'm a bus, I work for the city therefore I'm far more important than you. I'm gonna pull this bus out into the lane while the nose of your car is forward of my ass end and I'm gonna go ahead and run every fucking light on my route too.
They're awful yet have such an inflated opinion of themselves.

The busses around here talk. SEPTA announced it was an effort to keep pedestrians safe. When they announced this new feature, I was hoping it yelled "Watch out, Asshole" in typical Philly fashion but so far I've only heard "Turning left" or "Turning right".

• Gravy
Why would you call them to open your car door tho?
They're highly experienced?
Joe Biden Clown GIF by Election 2020

• Gravy
They'll just hire a fleet of officers to go fishing and generate revenue for themselves and the city over stupid petty shit and if some scumbag steals from you oh well, not gonna investigate or pursue that case, too busy. Gotta keep those guys out there transferring wealth instead.
I did private investigations (organized retail crime) for a long time, we'd give the cops surveillance, reports, names, dates, vehicles etc. and they'd just sit on it. It wasn't petty stuff either, one dude had a pepsi/frito lay uniform and would walk into stores with a handtruck and just load up stuff from the back and then sell it at his gas station lol

I did private investigations (organized retail crime) for a long time, we'd give the cops surveillance, reports, names, dates, vehicles etc. and they'd just sit on it. It wasn't petty stuff either, one dude had a pepsi/frito lay uniform and would walk into stores with a handtruck and just load up stuff from the back and then sell it at his gas station lol
People are so ballsy. I've seen that shit at HD too. When it's super busy and they don't have enough staff, people walking out with doors and shit. " Just keep your head high like we're totally square, my man!" I did that once totally accidentally with a case of beer - was super tired, the store was really busy and I pushed my cart out the store and had forgotten to pay. I scratched my head, nobody came out the store, I said fuck it. Probably like 25 at the time. I wouldn't do that now.

• Gravy
People are so ballsy. I've seen that shit at HD too. When it's super busy and they don't have enough staff, people walking out with doors and shit. " Just keep your head high like we're totally square, my man!" I did that once totally accidentally with a case of beer - was super tired, the store was really busy and I pushed my cart out the store and had forgotten to pay. I scratched my head, nobody came out the store, I said fuck it. Probably like 25 at the time. I wouldn't do that now.
Buy traffic cones AND YOU CAN CONTROL THE ROAD.

Buy traffic cones AND YOU CAN CONTROL THE ROAD.
I own a few traffic cones myself. Full size "official" cones not the little ones that come in a car emergency kit. High-vis vests and hardhats too.
Sometimes the best way to operate covertly is to be glaringly obvious.

I wish someone not damaging my car was a legal defense for killing :lol:
"I was scared" is literally the only legal defense needed for those strong, tough, guys (and gals) who put themselves in harm's way everyday.

Only half of that ^ sentence is sarcastic.