WTF Bad boys, Bad boys, whatcha gonna do

I'd be a bit surprised and a bit peeved if the Chauvin thing doesn't get thrown out and retried on appeal.
The incident was an international media event. It sparked riots and violence in cities all over our country. Countless people from common citizens to celebrities to sitting members of Congress to the president and vp themselves made public comments whether direct or of the dog whistle variety to try to influence the outcome. Reports of jurors being doxxed and threatened. And the jury wasn't sequestered the whole time. They were exposed to all of it.
Yes Chauvin got what he deserved but the way it happened amounts to some sort of mob justice or vigilantism or something. Certainly not fair and impartial anyway.
Doesn't bode well for the blindfolded lady holding the scales.

Needs to be thrown out and done over, and imo found guilty of whatever charge is "I didn't leave the house looking for somebody to kill that day but I sure didn't mind doing it once I got a hold of a mofo".

The one that’s bugging me now is the cop who shot the knife wielding girl(?). I heard a “respected” reporter questioning whether or not the officer should’ve aimed for her legs when firing the gun.

Hollywood has shaped beliefs regarding guns to the point that even knowledgeable persons are misinformed when it comes to what is possible (or probable) when shooting a firearm.

Then you have high profile persons who also know nothing tweeting “You’re next” at the cop who shot the knife wielding girl. WTF? Society can blame itself for how poorly our cops are chosen, trained, and dispatched, and also for for the fallacy of what people think is possible regarding shorting a firearm. Not everyone shoots like Barnaby Jones. Dude hit shoulders and legs from any distance, never missed.

Last edited:
Or, ya know, justice. He clearly did it. And a jury of his peers said so. Are you suggesting that you, nor anyone else, could be impartial?
I'm not disputing the outcome, just pointing out flaws in how we got there.
I and many others like to think we could be impartial but in the end we probably aren't. Lot of degrees and shades of grey between biased and impartial. I doubt there's any human who's 100% impartial but we can try to lean that way as best we can, and control circumstances to help others do so as well, like not having a jury exposed to all this hype, at least not during the actual trial.

Taking a step back from the specific chauvin case and taking a more overall view I think it's better for all of us that way.

I'm not disputing the outcome, just pointing out flaws in how we got there.
I and many others like to think we could be impartial but in the end we probably aren't. Lot of degrees and shades of grey between biased and impartial. I doubt there's any human who's 100% impartial but we can try to lean that way as best we can, and control circumstances to help others do so as well, like not having a jury exposed to all this hype, at least not during the actual trial.

Taking a step back from the specific chauvin case and taking a more overall view I think it's better for all of us that way.
Can you list the cases, in which the officer was found not guilty, where you have deemed a retrial necessary. Just checkin... ;)

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
The one that’s bugging me now is the cop who shot the knife wielding girl(?). I heard a “respected” reporter questioning whether or not the officer should’ve aimed for her legs when firing the gun.

Hollywood has shaped beliefs regarding guns to the point that even knowledgeable persons are misinformed when it comes to what is possible (or probable) when shooting a firearm.

Then you have high profile persons who also know nothing tweeting “You’re next” at the cop who shot the knife wielding girl. WTF? Society can blame itself for how poorly our cops are chosen, trained, and dispatched, and also for for the fallacy of what people think is possible regarding shorting a firearm. Not everyone shoots like Barnaby Jones. Dude hit shoulders and legs from any distance, never missed.
Anyone who's ever shot a pistol under any kind of duress or even just after doing the 50 yard dash knows kneecapping somebody from any further away than arms length and then only if they're standing perfectly still is some dillusional hollywood shit.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
Can you list the cases, in which the officer was found not guilty, where you have deemed a retrial necessary. Just checkin... ;)
I'm sure I could find some if that's all I had to do today. Plenty of cases where the officer wasn't charged in the first place but should've been. If not for high degree murder at least for some reckless endangerment or abuse of power or something.
This was a circus trial that still somehow managed to come to the right conclusion. Again, not disputing the outcome but the path to that outcome.
$5 says it gets overturned and retried a year or two from now.

I'd be a bit surprised and a bit peeved if the Chauvin thing doesn't get thrown out and retried on appeal.
The incident was an international media event. It sparked riots and violence in cities all over our country. Countless people from common citizens to celebrities to sitting members of Congress to the president and vp themselves made public comments whether direct or of the dog whistle variety to try to influence the outcome. Reports of jurors being doxxed and threatened. And the jury wasn't sequestered the whole time. They were exposed to all of it.
Yes Chauvin got what he deserved but the way it happened amounts to some sort of mob justice or vigilantism or something. Certainly not fair and impartial anyway.
Doesn't bode well for the blindfolded lady holding the scales.

Needs to be thrown out and done over, and imo found guilty of whatever charge is "I didn't leave the house looking for somebody to kill that day but I sure didn't mind doing it once I got a hold of a mofo".
that last sentence is exactly what he was charged with. It wasnt murder 1 (premeditated)

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
I'm sure I could find some if that's all I had to do today. Plenty of cases where the officer wasn't charged in the first place but should've been. If not for high degree murder at least for some reckless endangerment or abuse of power or something.
This was a circus trial that still somehow managed to come to the right conclusion. Again, not disputing the outcome but the path to that outcome.
$5 says it gets overturned and retried a year or two from now.
The trial was fine. It took a "circus" as you put it to get him charged, And by a circus i mean outrage that documented evidence of a murder didnt result in a charge.

that last sentence is exactly what he was charged with. It wasnt murder 1 (premeditated)
All 3 for the single offense. That's allowed but can only be sentenced for the most serious one lest they run afoul of double jeopardy. The lesser charges are "in the bank" so to speak.

Max sentence 40 years. Average or sentencing guidelines 12-1/2.
In Minnesota he likely do 2/3 inside and the last 1/3 on parole.

All 3 for the single offense. That's allowed but can only be sentenced for the most serious one lest they run afoul of double jeopardy. The lesser charges are "in the bank" so to speak.

Max sentence 40 years. Average or sentencing guidelines 12-1/2.
In Minnesota he likely do 2/3 inside and the last 1/3 on parole.
thats not what double jeopardy is. You can be charged (and convicted) of multiple crimes. Double jeopardy is being tried for the same crime twice after being acquitted the first time.

thats not what double jeopardy is. You can be charged (and convicted) of multiple crimes. Double jeopardy is being tried for the same crime twice after being acquitted the first time.
I'm going by MN law.
Multiple convictions fine. Multiple sentences for the same act against the same person, nope.