WTF Bad boys, Bad boys, whatcha gonna do

Tell us about your terrible interactions with the cops. Or you so high up the cop you never get down to the boots?
I've been cuffed and parked in the cruiser twice - actually, parked in the cruiser probably 5-6 times. Nobody beat me,etc. - and only one time was I taken in.
I'm a white guy, I've never had any untoward interactions with the police.

However, I'm also not the one trying to say the guy with no seatbelt deserved to get shot.

I'm a white guy, I've never had any untoward interactions with the police.

However, I'm also not the one trying to say the guy with no seatbelt deserved to get shot.
It wasn't the seatbelt violation that got him shot. It was him acting like he had some compelling fucking reason to stay in the vehicle and refusing to exit the vehicle. And then doing a little happy dance with the cop. Clearly he was suffering a mental health issue and needed to be detained for his own safety and the public's(snark). I'm not happy it happened, but within the anticipatable range of human interaction I understand how it could. And in this case did.

It wasn't the seatbelt violation that got him shot. It was him acting like he had some compelling fucking reason to stay in the vehicle and refusing to exit the vehicle. And then doing a little happy dance with the cop. Clearly he was suffering a mental health issue and needed to be detained for his own safety and the public's(snark). I'm not happy it happened, but within the anticipatable range of human interaction I understand how it could. And in this case did.
That's a lot of words for "that guy deserved to get shot for a seatbelt violation".

That's a lot of words for "that guy deserved to get shot for a seatbelt violation".
I honestly wouldn't care if it started with him dropping peanut shells out the window or assaulting his wife. Makes no difference.
Nobody deserves to loose a finger in a table saw, but it's an anticipatable outcome if you don't appreciate the potential seriousness of the circumstances. The citizen played the stupid card.

But anyone with half a brain can see how the cop gave no fucks about escalating nor defusing the situation. If he was intelligent enough, he would have known how to talk to the guy to attempt to calm the situation instead of power tripping.

I'm white and had plenty. It's not that your white, but rather because you are a well behaved person.
I'm morally certain that, analyzed sufficiently, I'm breaking laws every day. That's just the way shit works now that everything's criminalized.

But.

I live in a relatively nice neighborhood (regardless of how you feel about my landscaping), I work in a white collar job, and I don't do a whole lot to attract attention (as opposed to, for example, being black).

I'm morally certain that, analyzed sufficiently, I'm breaking laws every day. That's just the way shit works now that everything's criminalized.

But.

I live in a relatively nice neighborhood (regardless of how you feel about my landscaping), I work in a white collar job, and I don't do a whole lot to attract attention.
Yeah this is exactly what I'm talking about. From the cops perspective, you are a good person.

I've had issues with cops because I was the lone white guy hanging out with friends in South East DC.

But anyone with half a brain can see how the cop gave no fucks about escalating nor defusing the situation. If he was intelligent enough, he would have known how to talk to the guy to attempt to calm the situation instead of power tripping.
Neither party seemed terribly interested in de-escalating the situation. Both had a bad 'tude. It's important for a man to know his limitations and to recognize who has the majority of the control over potential outcomes. Sometimes you win by not being reactive AF.|
meh, can't help the brother - he's shot Jim.

I've quite likely had more interactions with police than the average bear. Had guns drawn on me, been cuffed, been arrested, been told "there ain't but 7 white people live around here and you ain't one of them", and a few other odd situations.
Some should be commended for their professionalism, some shouldn't be cops at all, some power trip, some are calm and courteous, some keep you detained far longer than necessary, some are just revenue collectors that ticket you and get you on your way as fast as possible to get back out there and get the next guy, some seem apathetic/just going through the motions.

I'm also a white guy who knows his rights and exercises them but doesn't give them any grief or be a smartass about it in the process. I know where the boundaries are and don't step over them.

And I'm pretty much even steven as far as good/bad/indifferent experiences with them. I doubt a whole lot of black guys can say the same.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Neither party seemed terribly interested in de-escalating the situation. Both had a bad 'tude. It's important for a man to know his limitations and to recognize who has the majority of the control over potential outcomes. Sometimes you win by not being reactive AF.|
meh, can't help the brother - he's shot Jim.
Let's not hold a cop to the same standards we hold everyone else at.

Let's not hold a cop to the same standards we hold everyone else at.
I think the guy controlling a drawbridge has a lot more control than the people who use it. It's the system in place - fucktards "C" trying to stop the greater population of fucktards "P" from doing bad things. Much like a measurement doesn't matter without a scale, a system requires some who ensure the system is maintained or it falls to shit. This is not to say this system isn't seriously flawed at many times.

2f20cd8902d8e4a09d7b1a68ecb5bd61.jpg

@ the mercy of violent mobs
looting + rioting serves no purpose