WTF Bad boys, Bad boys, whatcha gonna do

The Antifa movement came out of WW2 Germany. It's not new and it's not about Africa. Fuck sake. Antifa activists have been acting for almost a century now in Europe. I'm glad you have your own actions now but don't bother trying to school on how to oppose fascism and Nazis. North and South America harbored and employed Nazis, they weren't anti..

IM SCHOOOOLING YOUUUUU! you gin soaked little hobo!!

Black lives matter yo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: Peppers
the brits had a hand in creating the nazi

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: Immigrant
No, I'm from Europe, the homeland of Nazi's. We're kind of not over it. I don't think people in North America really get that seeing as they didn't get bombed and such and most their families weren't involved. Some of us get a little pissed off when we see Nazis. Antifa is not about black rights or Americans, it's about being against fascism and racism in all forms. Our Antifa actions in the UK are literally against Nazis, not against white supremacists who hate 'African Americans'.
Technically your not from Europe anymore.

part of the issue here in the US is that for every righty screaming that ANTIFA™ is a terrorist organization, we have a liberal posting "are you against fascism? congrats yr antifa" which is also inaccurate but there is no organizing/governing body and no PR department, so most of what people understand of it is biased news reporting based on police reports, or copied/pasted facebook statuses. any swinging dick can call himself antifa (or get called antifa by cops), and folks that are out there actually getting shit done are more concerned with doing the work than where credit lands. people here don't understand that black bloc is an effective TACTIC that anyone can employ, so anyone who employs it is automatically antifa.

most of the anarchists I know and people who are involved in actions here in the states do most of their work toward those goals by organizing mutual aid and resources for their community. they're medics and organizers. they work to keep their communities safe from Proud Boys and KKK because they know damn sure they can't trust cops to do it (especially given the overlap in membership).

but also, destruction of property can be and has been an invaluable tool for centuries. monkey wrenching is directly responsible for many of the rights workers in the US have today. for as much as MLK personally chose nonviolence as his preferred tactic (and they sure enough killed him anyway), it was a week of outright rebellion that finally got the Civil Rights Act passed. this country was literally founded on property destruction rebellion against a tyrannical government, but now the same people who cried that being asked to wear a mask or not go to Applebee's was tyranny are cheering curfews and arrests for violating it,, and are telling folks being shot at on their doorstep that they should have been inside like they were ordered.

please note before jumping down my throat that I spoke broadly of property destruction, but in order for it to be effective it needs to be *targeted* - what's been going on all over here in the last few days certainly doesn't seem to be, and it's one reason of many why I am extremely skeptical that it has anything to do with actual anarchists or antifa despite what the news has reported.

anarchists make a convenient scapegoat and as long as our history has had anarchists, it's had America blaming it for destruction police caused (see Haymarket).

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia
It looks like the owner was contacted and they had to call the cops to pick up a few people trapped inside that were looting.

Based on a post in that twitter thread at least

It looks like the owner was contacted and they had to call the cops to pick up a few people trapped inside that were looting.

Based on a post in that twitter thread at least
sure, that's plausible.

but I haven't forgotten that when cops caused riots in Baltimore over their murder of Freddie Gray, they looted pharmacies and sold meds to drug dealers.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
please note before jumping down my throat that I spoke broadly of property destruction, but in order for it to be effective it needs to be *targeted* - what's been going on all over here in the last few days certainly doesn't seem to be, and it's one reason of many why I am extremely skeptical that it has anything to do with actual anarchists or antifa despite what the news has reported.

anarchists make a convenient scapegoat and as long as our history has had anarchists, it's had America blaming it for destruction police caused (see Haymarket).
Iirc the luddite movement started in Nottingham. We do good destruction. Our anarchists are pretty lazy these days but if they're needed they're a quickly mobilised block of punks to see Nazis off.

Also I haven't gin since last night @Maureen stop being a dick. I got involved in protests and activist movements for half my life now. I don't need mocking about Africa when I've been trying to be an ally for a long fucking time. It pissed me off that it seemed as if Antifa popped up after the Trump election as a new thing when there has been active resistance all over Europe for decades.

• Gravy
Reactions: august