WTF Bad boys, Bad boys, whatcha gonna do

This is extremely distressing. I hope the UPS driver’s family sues for a billion dollars.

Jeez, it seems like less than a decade ago the discussion was “Should cops pursue perps if they drive too fast in congested areas?” and now we have this shit.

It was his first fucking day as a solo driver too. Not that it matters, just adds to the fucked upedness.

it should never have been a chase (and they call it a "high speed chase" but dawg, UPs trucks just do not go that fast) and there's zero chance they're gonna lose the truck in a crowd if they're following by chopper (they were)
and
when it ceased to be a chase because the car got stuck in traffic surrounded by civilians, using civilian cars with CIVILIANS STILL IN THEM as human shields, & then having 19 officers from 5 departments fire over 200 bullets into a vehicle with a hostage inside, surrounded by innocent civilians, is a bad fucking choice.

but hey I guess they probably got the stolen goods back and, as the filth tweeted, there were no police fatalities, so call it a win, right?

There's zero chance they would lose the truck, period. Every UPS truck is GPS tracked
I meant more the active following with eyes on them (so they can't claim they needed to chase to see if they take more hostages or dump the stolen goods or whatever)

There's zero chance they would lose the truck, period. Every UPS truck is GPS tracked

Was gonna mention this.
Zero reason they couldn't track it from afar keeping tempers and risk down, then effect arrest/rescue when they parked it wherever they were going.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes