WTF Bad boys, Bad boys, whatcha gonna do

Cops don’t need to be disarmed. Better hiring practices are needed. And better training. And consistent oversight.

But that all costs money, and nobody wants to pay for it, so we have what we have.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and nukes
Cops don’t need to be disarmed. Better hiring practices are needed. And better training. And consistent oversight.

But that all costs money, and nobody wants to pay for it, so we have what we have.
Spot on. Better vetting. Better training. Better P.R.
And better body cams. Lots of shit gets dished out against the cops which the media completely ignores.
Shots fired at cops- never ends up on the evening news.
Ever.

Spot on. Better vetting. Better training. Better P.R.
And better body cams. Lots of shit gets dished out against the cops which the media completely ignores.
Shots fired at cops- never ends up on the evening news.
Ever.

Careful there. You made an argument for stronger gun control.

Careful there. You made an argument for stronger gun control.
I'm absolutely in favor of gun control when it comes to illegal guns. I also think people should be able to show receipts for their gun purchase. I also have no problem registering every potential weapon I ever potentially own. I'm a citizen. I have nothing to hide. It's the criminals who hide guns.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
No one goes to Walmart to purchase a gun using their identification card or license (the real ID) to go commit a crime. People purchase guns on the street specifically to do crimes with.

I have to ask. Would your idea of sensible gun control include a limit on the number of weapons a person can legally buy? I’d hate to see someone with proper ID buy guns at Walmart and sell them on the street, then buy another the next day.

I have to ask. Would your idea of sensible gun control include a limit on the number of weapons a person can legally buy? I’d hate to see someone with proper ID buy guns at Walmart and sell them on the street, then buy another the next day.
In my perfect world, nobody would be able to buy or sell a gun without the transaction being recorded. The only guns that get sold on the street 4 crime are stolen guns or guns that have been imported from another country through Mexico in off and Russia.

• Gravy
And no, I wouldn't limit the number of guns people can own, that's ridiculous. Do you limit the number of guitars people can own? Do you limit the number of knives people can own? I'm pretty sure I don't want people owning bombs or landmines. But guns are constitutionally protected.

• Sad
My super commie liberal Pinko college professor brother-in-law owns at least 10 guns. He's very responsible with them. They're locked up. They're registered. He's trained and uses them responsibly on gun ranges. And he's a Pinko commie. I don't see what the problem is.

I wouldn't have a problem putting money toward more and especially more realistic training.
After academy some cops go through an entire career never firing their guns other than a yearly target qualification.
Police shooting stats are both embarrassing and dangerous as far as hit/miss numbers. Meaning most of their shots miss and go flying at everyone and everything else.
Taking a perfect stance and firing at a still piece of paper on a well lit stress free range is just about worthless as far as training for what happens in actual shootings.
There's all kinds of places you or I can (out of our own pocket) take courses on actual gunfighting. Police should be doing this as a matter of course, paid for.
As it stands now the only ones (outside of maybe swat) who get anything beyond minimal and unrealistic target practice are the ones who are into that and do it on their own time at their own expense.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant and nukes
I wouldn't have a problem putting money toward more and especially more realistic training.
After academy some cops go through an entire career never firing their guns other than a yearly target qualification.
Police shooting stats are both embarrassing and dangerous as far as hit/miss numbers. Meaning most of their shots miss and go flying at everyone and everything else.
Taking a perfect stance and firing at a still piece of paper on a well lit stress free range is just about worthless as far as training for what happens in actual shootings.
There's all kinds of places you or I can (out of our own pocket) take courses on actual gunfighting. Police should be doing this as a matter of course, paid for.
As it stands now the only ones (outside of maybe swat) who get anything beyond minimal and unrealistic target practice are the ones who are into that and do it on their own time at their own expense.

Some of the training that is needed the most has nothing to do with aiming the weapon, but more with when to use it.

Nobody remembers Tamir Rice, nor cares.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
is that like costco
its this guy

giphy.webp

• Haha
Reactions: adi
Some of the training that is needed the most has nothing to do with aiming the weapon, but more with when to use it.

Nobody remembers Tamir Rice, nor cares.

Yes that's part of realistic training.
They'll encounter a lot more people that don't need to be shot than ones that do.

Face it, at some point some of them are going to have to use their weapons. Every shooting isn't a bad one. Hitting wtf you're shooting at and thus not hitting other things is part of being safe with guns.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant and adi