WTF Bad boys, Bad boys, whatcha gonna do

• Sad
Reactions: Immigrant
Police owe nothing to man after destroying his house

This is in the wrong thread - this is not a police issue, this is a law and legislation issue. aka "Politics"
There is no law to cover this, apparently. Write your elected officials.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
This is in the wrong thread - this is not a police issue, this is a law and legislation issue. aka "Politics"
IDK, there's probably something to be said for basically demolishing the dude's house while going after someone who shoplifted two belts and a shirt from motherfucking Walmart.

There must be some kind of official abuse of something or wanton destruction of property or something.

Unless of course police are above the law.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
IDK, there's probably something to be said for basically demolishing the dude's house while going after someone who shoplifted two belts and a shirt from motherfucking Walmart.
I think it is fucked up and wrong they did that and don't have some method of compensating innocent people. Bt it's an issue for politicians. They need to write laws and budget for that shit.

Some of ya'll need to figure out if you want some law or no law. I realize the legal system has some fucked up characters in it.
Stealing is bad.

• Gravy
Reactions: Frau Blugher
I think it is fucked up and wrong they did that and don't have some method of compensating innocent people. Bt it's an issue for politicians. They need to write laws and budget for that shit.

Some of ya'll need to figure out if you want some law or no law. I realize the legal system has some fucked up characters in it.
Stealing is bad.
I'm struggling with your dumb black/white choice here.

But that's no different than any other strawman or red herring, so you do you.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
Disproportionate use of force?

Idk, there's all kinda subjective, vague, catch-all type laws, it must fall under one of them. At least something civil if not criminal.
Ending up at zero is the wrong answer.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
I'm struggling with your dumb black/white choice here.

But that's no different than any other strawman or red herring, so you do you.
What black/white choice? LE is generally discussed here like it's so bad we should just get rid of LE completely or not even both calling a cop for anything. Ironically, some here have in a backhand way shown they DO believe in pursuing perps. @august says she would have gone to the cops when she was assaulted but the cops did so poorly when her friend was assaulted. Sounds like if her friend had got "great" treatment she was totally down with the perp being pursued by LE as cops "should do". If that perp was pursued and they barricaded themselves into a house and the cops blew it to fuck - would we send her the bill?

What black/white choice? LE is generally discussed here like it's so bad we should just get rid of LE completely or not even both calling a cop for anything. Ironically, some here have in a backhand way shown they DO believe in pursuing perps. @august says she would have gone to the cops when she was assaulted but the cops did so poorly when her friend was assaulted. Sounds like if her friend had got "great" treatment she was totally down with the perp being pursued by LE as cops "should do". If that perp was pursued and they barricaded themselves into a house and the cops blew it to fuck - would we send her the bill?
Oh boy, there goes the old man again.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor