WTF Bad boys, Bad boys, whatcha gonna do

So our cop got 10 years.
Meh.
A man was killed in his own home.
Bunch of people got more than that for robbing a store or stealing a car or dealing drugs but not killing anyone in the process.
Not what I'd call "progress".

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Maybe just doesnt want to pay to keep boomers alive, maybe hes really trying to help you out

Lot of these folks aren't that many years away from being "olds" themselves they're just too dumb to see it coming.
Then the younger folks will blame them for everything and wish they'd just die already and they'll be like, "what, me? But I'm awesome and have the best ideas!".

Also peace and comfort to your Dad and to you as well. Friend of ours had that. Was gonna mention the coming feeding tube and a couple other things as well last time we were talking about this but didn't want to drag everything down into a dark place. That's my fault for being a wimp.
Just remember just because his body's failing doesn't mean his mind is. Let him know he's a great man, let him know he matters, let him know he's loved.
Don't just sit there because he seems unresponsive. It might seem like you're just talking to yourself sometimes but he's catching it, he just can't throw it back very well.

• Love
If you cross-reference the two threads you'll find that some of the most anti-cop types are also some of the most pro-government-should-have-authoriry-to-tell-everybody-what-to-do types.

Weird.
Not weird at all. They figure through a broader system of civil laws(which they are free to interpret as they feel fit) the public will police itself.
More laws being enforced by more people. That will work, I can feel it.
This thing needs some fucking music.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Last thing we need is yet even more laws. We're buried in laws. I'm probably breaking 3 of them right now just sitting here on the shitter and dont even know it.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD and wetwillie
Lot of these folks aren't that many years away from being "olds" themselves they're just too dumb to see it coming.
Then the younger folks will blame them for everything and wish they'd just die already and they'll be like, "what, me? But I'm awesome and have the best ideas!".
Yep. Currently they are as pleasant about the whole thing as a negative oncology report. They think they will make you chaps feel bad by reminding you that as an average we are about 12-14 years older than the OG here. But the older member(s?) of the OG are only 2 years younger than the youngest member of the bass players, not counting OOD. He's a statistical outlier.
BOT- I think I have been blessed to live in an area where the cops have NOT been implicated in any real BS of abusing authority. FLip side to the dick cops are the ones who really believe in public service.. Some of them KNOW they are vegans working in a slaughterhouse - they are not afraid to go in there anyway. It's where society needs them the most - right next to the dick cops to hopefully keep them in check to some degree.. You gotta get some stink on you to raise some pigs.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Yep. Currently they are as pleasant about the whole thing as a negative oncology report. They think they will make you chaps feel bad by reminding you that as an average we are about 12-14 years older than the OG here. But the older member(s?) of the OG are only 2 years younger than the youngest member of the bass players, not counting OOD. He's a statistical outlier.
BOT- I think I have been blessed to live in an area where the cops have NOT been implicated in any real BS of abusing authority. FLip side to the dick cops are the ones who really believe in public service.. Some of them KNOW they are vegans working in a slaughterhouse - they are not afraid to go in there anyway. It's where society needs them the most - right next to the dick cops to hopefully keep them in check to some degree.. You gotta get some stink on you to raise some pigs.

Our department here is big enough I've seen all kinds. Doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to it, just depends on which individual you happen to cross paths with, ya know, because they're humans, like us.
Respect goes both ways. Come at somebody with an attitude and you probably not gonna get kindness in return.

• Gravy
I don't think their record follows them in a lot of cases or something, so ya you could get kicked off one department and go get hired at another one in some other town.
I also bet some of that can be traced back to union protections.

Maybe legal, not union protections, and it needs to be changed. I’ve been in positions where hiring was a part of my duties, as well as fielding calls from potential employers of former employees.

I was allowed to divulge/inquire:

Length of their employment and
Whether or not they were eligible for rehire

That’s it in this state. Any info given beyond those two things was illegal.

Everybody working for larger companies stuck with it, smaller ones, not so much. But if the applicant found out any other info was given, they could sue.

Our department here is big enough I've seen all kinds. Doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to it, just depends on which individual you happen to cross paths with, ya know, because they're humans, like us.
Respect goes both ways. Come at somebody with an attitude and you probably not gonna get kindness in return.
Disrespecting a cop shouldn't be grounds for execution, though. Cops are allowed to be human, but they need to be held accountable for their fuckups like the rest of us, and historically they just aren't.

Cops are allowed to be human, but they need to be held accountable for their fuckups like the rest of us, and historically they just aren't.
Some are held accountable and some just don't DO the stupid shit you're referring to. It's hardly a reason to shit-sack the lot of them, just because of their occupation. Some really are into public service and really are like vegans working in a slaughterhouse.

Some are held accountable and some just don't DO the stupid shit you're referring to. It's hardly a reason to shit-sack the lot of them, just because of their occupation. Some really are into public service and really are like vegans working in a slaughterhouse.
No, the mission of the police force as it currently stands is counter to the public interest.