WTF Bad boys, Bad boys, whatcha gonna do

August is right, this thread is a bit of a monkey-wrench in the works. Youve got bootlickers who want gov't in control of everything hatin on coppers & liberty big game talkers giving authority the benefit of the doubt. It's a real dogs breakfast I tell you what

some of y'all talk a big game about liberty but have a real hard-on for allowing armed agents of the state to suspend others' at will
Agents of the state :fly: You say that like they are all bad, all the time. I've been arrested, booked and jailed twice. No horror stories. I've been in the back of a cop car more than that. Again, no horror stories. Not saying that there aren't some real asshole doing the work. Ditto for those they have to deal with.

Agents of the state :fly: You say that like they are all bad, all the time. I've been arrested, booked and jailed twice. No horror stories. I've been in the back of a cop car more than that. Again, no horror stories. Not saying that there aren't some real asshole doing the work. Ditto for those they have to deal with.

A cop is an agent of the state, state meaning some form of governmental body or authority. If that carries with it some dark connotation it's only because their behaviour gave it one.

It would/could, but that isn't how it went down, at all. Nobody was shot, someone got coller-grabbed. They had a home security system for home invasions. It worked except that whole door unlocked thing. Waiting for follow up.
Shooting a firearm in your home without some reasonable idea of who or what you are dealing with is reckless AF. I'd need a really good reason to start a shoot out with the po-po. They got more bullets.

I’m lost. In other words, understand very little of your response or how it pertains to what I said.

How would someone in the house know they are cops? What if the resident was deaf? There are a lot of “what ifs” etc.

Yes, it’s reckless to shoot an intruder, but from what I hear on the hatebox regularly, it’s bravery. And American!

Capping an intruder the second they enter, cop or civilian, isn’t a shootout. But one would definitely occur after that!

There are good ones and bad ones, like any other job.

A few years ago the Popo were serving a warrant (arresting someone at home) and they showed up with a dozen cars (visible from here) and at least 20 coppers. They wrangled the guy out of his house (he went willingly) and his family was upset. A teenaged male yelled “Fuck the poe lease! Fuck the poe lease!” as they headed back to their vehicles.

Then one of the cops, who was dressed in summer shorts and a vest with every tool known to law enforcement attached, raised both arms with raised middle fingers as he chuckled with other coppers. They were excited, excitable, and ginned up enough to act like immature morons.

I motioned for him to approach me and I politely said “If you want to command respect, act appropriately.” and he did.

It was disturbing to say the least. But thankfully, it seems like a rarity. Most cops are normal, that guy wasn’t.

Remember, people get ginned up. Look what Seal Team Six did to UBL!

• Gravy
Reactions: Frau Blugher
There are good ones and bad ones, like any other job.

A few years ago the Popo were serving a warrant (arresting someone at home) and they showed up with a dozen cars (visible from here) and at least 20 coppers. They wrangled the guy out of his house (he went willingly) and his family was upset. A teenaged male yelled “Fuck the poe lease! Fuck the poe lease!” as they headed back to their vehicles.

Then one of the cops, who was dressed in summer shorts and a vest with every tool known to law enforcement attached, raised both arms with raised middle fingers as he chuckled with other coppers. They were excited, excitable, and ginned up enough to act like immature morons.

I motioned for him to approach me and I politely said “If you want to command respect, act appropriately.” and he did.

It was disturbing to say the least. But thankfully, it seems like a rarity. Most cops are normal, that guy wasn’t.

Remember, people get ginned up. Look what Seal Team Six did to UBL!

shot him, and then gave him a respectful burial in a place where his gravesite couldnt become a martyrdom location

• Gravy
Reactions: Frau Blugher
Dallas cops and DA office are stonewalling the release of 911 tapes, body cam footage, autopsy results, and pretty much anything else you can think of that might be related to the cop that shot the guy in his own apartment or her record at the police department.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/dal...thing-city-dallas-wont-tell-death-botham-jean
This cops trial starts today in Dallas.
Grand jury upped the original charge from manslaughter to murder. Haven't found what the burden of proof is for that. Highest level here is called capital murder, don't know how many levels there are from there down to manslaughter.