WTF Bad boys, Bad boys, whatcha gonna do

Yeah, I think I was meaning more emphasis on actual training and the way the Seals (my poor example) repeat stuff so much it practically becomes muscle memory.

The example I gave later would’ve been prevented had he instinctively reached for his taser first.
Physical takedown is a super weak area in their training I believe. Previous wife was part of a "cell extraction team" - which sounded pretty bad ass. Each person is assigned a leg, arm or the head. The biggest person goes in first with a big plastic shield shaped like a turtle shell, with some hard-ass nubs sticking out of it. Basically pin them to the wall , then hog-tie. I think some hospital personnel are probably trained better in physical management. And people who have to deal with special needs children of all sizes.

Good example of a time when lethal action would’ve been completely justified.

I’m assuming by “college”, you meant over 30 years ago. I’m afraid they wouldn’t do things that way anymore, more like just shoot and we’ll figure shit out later.
Sadly that may be true. City cops in particular are jumpy.
1992. Yeah, I was young and dumb to jump in. Part of my thought was he could have ran into the parking lot,etc. and shot a number of people. The cop he was fighting had some great technique - instead of trying to wrestle the guy or slug him, every time the guy would try to close with him, he'd reach for the guys junk to pinch it. IT was pretty cool, they were bouncing off the walls. I called the next day and suggested Mr. Freeze should be fired.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Physical takedown is a super weak area in their training I believe. Previous wife was part of a "cell extraction team" - which sounded pretty bad ass. Each person is assigned a leg, arm or the head. The biggest person goes in first with a big plastic shield shaped like a turtle shell, with some hard-ass nubs sticking out of it. Basically pin them to the wall , then hog-tie. I think some hospital personnel are probably trained better in physical management. And people who have to deal with special needs children of all sizes.

I saw that technique used during my last (and final) stay at the Multnomah County Justice Palace on a guy who had shit all over himself and his cell. He wasn’t even all that big so I have no idea where all the shit came from because it was way more than he should’ve been able to produce. He was on suicide watch in a solo cell and may have had time to save it up.

He was angry over not being allowed a roll of TP.

• Gravy
I saw that technique used during my last (and final) stay at the Multnomah County Justice Palace on a guy who had shit all over himself and his cell. He wasn’t even all that big so I have no idea where all the shit came from because it was way more than he should’ve been able to produce. He was on suicide watch in a solo cell and may have had time to save it up.

He was angry over not being allowed a roll of TP.
Maybe they were concerned he would hang himself. ;/ Or maybe he had been an ass an stuck one in the shitter(if he had one). He could have at least used the throne, even if his ass would be dirty. Flush and do an Alabama wet-splash. IDk.

Maybe they were concerned he would hang himself. ;/ Or maybe he had been an ass an stuck one in the shitter(if he had one). He could have at least used the throne, even if his ass would be dirty. Flush and do an Alabama wet-splash. IDk.

There was a tendency for those types to stick the roll in the toilet and flush until overflow occurred.

I wouldn't drill cops that way. They're dealing with citizens, not enemies. The situations are all different.
Considering the lack of training in just about everything, I'd almost prefer that they did that training since it would be some training. Hell, a significant portion of them are carrying around weapons that they dont know how to use.

Texas City, TX — Officer Linnard R. Crouch was seen on his own body camera—not helping a 74-year-old man who was having a heart attack—but robbing him. The elderly victim, James Mabe had the cash to go buy Christmas presents for his grandchildren, but because the cop robbed him instead of helped him he’d never make it. Now, the officer who stole a dying elderly man’s Christmas money will not be going to jail.

Last month, with almost no news coverage, Crouch pleaded guilty to robbing the elderly dying man. Instead of being punished for his utter betrayal of public trust and despicable act, Crouch was given probation and will not spend one day behind bars.

But that’s not all, Crouch has a history of corruption. Crouch was suspended prior to robbing a dying elderly man on Chirstmas after several complaints were filed against him, dating back to 2011.
https://thefreethoughtproject.com/officer-steals-elderly-mans-christmas-money/

• Gravy
Wut? this is not going to happen, Asa, who would not be concerned about their own life?
Every single Medal of Honor recipient, and 95% of the fighting men and women of our history. EMTs and paramedics treating stabilizing gang members before transport (remember when they had to wear bulletproof vests?) Vincent Coleman, Arland Williams, those poor bastards at Chernobyl that stemmed the failure, the elderly near Fukushima that are volunteering for cleanup duty.

All of human history is littered with stories of men and women sacrificing their lives for their fellow man.