Bacon

kiwi

Messin’ with Sasquatch
Apr 22, 2005
Summer
Marklar
₥15,717
Alright, so in honor of Bacon, I decided to make bacon bowls for dinner last week. I read the insturctions posted, then read them again, and finally, read them again to make sure I was doing it right.

I carefully layed out the bacon around my bowls.

picture.php

Then I put them in the oven to bake for what I figured would take 10-15 min.

picture.php

As they started to brown, all was going well, but not for long. After about 7 min, they started falling apart. I tried to put them back together but to no avail. After about 20 min, I gave up and took them out of the oven.

picture.php

Then took them off the bowls and they immediately lost their shape, so I threw them in the pan on top of the stove for a couple minutes and ended up with this. I failed bacon.

picture.php

Luckily, it was bacon, so of course it was still delicious. We still had salads, they just looked slightly different then originally planned.

picture.php

Perhaps thicker bacon would work? Like the Whole Foods 1/4" stuff :drool:

I may have to try that. I need smaller bowls to wrap it around too. I'm not going to try it again until Sept/Oct though, cause I've boycotted using my oven till the temp is back below 100 degrees outside.

I may have to try that. I need smaller bowls to wrap it around too. I'm not going to try it again until Sept/Oct though, cause I've boycotted using my oven till the temp is back below 100 degrees outside.
good idea. summer heat = outdoor meat

Yeah, I think the thicker stuff holds it's shape better when it cooks, less curling.

Turkey bacon would also probably work :barf:

BTW... is the white stuff packed around the bacon meat fat?

Zac and I were having an arguement about this the other night.