Bacon Beer

fail, I want bacon actually IN the beer...this is like they waved a pan of bacon over the mouth of the bottle

I'm fine with eating bacon while drinking beer. That's good. No, really, that's great.

But I do not want my beer flavored with Bacon. Or Cherries, or lime, or any such shit. Just wheat, hops, yeast, malt, and fine spring water, blended and fermented in such a way that when that golden goodness hits my tastebuds, all I want to taste is the sweet surrender to the golden ambrosia that is my beer.

I'm fine with eating bacon while drinking beer. That's good. No, really, that's great.

But I do not want my beer flavored with Bacon. Or Cherries, or lime, or any such shit. Just wheat, hops, yeast, malt, and fine spring water, blended and fermented in such a way that when that golden goodness hits my tastebuds, all I want to taste is the sweet surrender to the golden ambrosia that is my beer.

Fail. Cherry flavored beer is awesome. So is lemon beer.

Fail. Cherry flavored beer is awesome. So is lemon beer.

do you keep a couple in your purse? maybe server tham in a cocktail glass with an umbrellas?

beer should taste like beer as much as coffee should taste like coffee.

what beer ad did you gank this from? :wtf:

what beer ad did you gank this from? :wtf:

prolly coors light or amstel or something. any beer that doesn't have taste isn't worth drinking. most decent IPAs have a citrusy backside to them because of the sweet nectary cascade hops used in production. some of my fave session beers- magic hat #9 (apricot), seadog blueberry, abita purple haze and long trail blackbeary wheat, all awesome. i even judge some stouts by the chocolatey aroma given off by the seriously roasted malt grains- wolaver's oatmeal, young's double chocolate, omg :drool:

sorry, beergasm got in the way of my answer

prolly coors light or amstel or something. any beer that doesn't have taste isn't worth drinking. most decent IPAs have a citrusy backside to them because of the sweet nectary cascade hops used in production. some of my fave session beers- magic hat #9 (apricot), seadog blueberry, abita purple haze and long trail blackbeary wheat, all awesome. i even judge some stouts by the chocolatey aroma given off by the seriously roasted malt grains- wolaver's oatmeal, young's double chocolate, omg :drool:

sorry, beergasm got in the way of my answer

It's too late in the season now, but next spring hit up the Dogfish Head Alehouse in Falls Church (wait... are you in NOVA? I can't remember... someone here is) and try the Aprihop. Excellent brew.

http://www.dogfishalehouse.com/beers.html

i had the aprihop the other weekend at a beer festival (in SW VA, new river valley region). it was delightful. and perenially, so is their 90 minute IPA :drool:

i had the aprihop the other weekend at a beer festival (in SW VA, new river valley region). it was delightful. and perenially, so is their 90 minute IPA :drool:

Don't waste your money on the 120, though. Or, rather, do it once just so you know not to do it again.

If I ever want something with that flavor and alcohol level you can believe it'll come in a 40oz bottle at one 10th the cost.

Don't waste your money on the 120, though. Or, rather, do it once just so you know not to do it again.

If I ever want something with that flavor and alcohol level you can believe it'll come in a 40oz bottle at one 10th the cost.

i tried it at another beer fest a few years back. they even put it through Randall. i couldn't taste another damn thing for the rest of the night