Back home again...

Nyx

Flaccid Member
Oct 14, 2004
Planet Hell
Marklar
₥0
I just spent a couple of days in Ohio for the funeral of a family member, the less said about that the better. We actually made it through those days without killing anyone else. It was definitely an *interesting* trip.

I got a couple of pics of random family members after the funeral:

family6.jpg

family8.jpg

No, my kids aren't in either pic.

We stayed at a really nice place, Deer Creek Lodge, got a big discount because a family member works there.

board1.jpg

We got a loft room, one of the larger rooms available:

room17.jpg

room18.jpg

room22.jpg

The kids got the upper part, I got the lower level.

room23.jpg

room37.jpg

One of my kids left the remnants of his supper on the table, and had to clean it up later.

My younger son has an interesting concept of what constitutes "decorating"

soldiers1.jpg

My older son thought the local wildlife was the best part of the trip. He and I were outside and saw a skunk not more than 6 feet away from us. Of all the times for me to not have my camera handy :( There were a LOT of deer, we almost hit one with the van on the way there.

coon.jpg

groundhog.jpg

There was a very nice lounge area for relaxing, too bad we didn't have more time to enjoy it.

lounge.jpg

lounge2.jpg

The view from the balcony out to the lake was terrific, morning and evening.

view7.jpg

view6.jpg

BigDov said:
How very....... interesting. I must take a trip to this Deer Creek Lodge and ask for the dreamwalker family discount :fly:

Wouldn't work, they know me by my real name, not the name I use here :fly:

neat. I heard funeral and was expecting pics of gramma in the casket like that other guy.

Looks like a really nice hotel. I have to go away friday morning and don't think my hotel will look like that, especially for $32 a night...

you know, if you change around the letters in funeral, you get real fun. i love irony.

Harper said:
you know, if you change around the letters in funeral, you get real fun. i love irony.

the most fun I ever had at a funeral was when I was about 12 or so. We were playing hide and seek until I somehow locked myself in the room where they store empty coffins. At the time I did not know they were empty. I was very scared :/

crazymike said:
neat. I heard funeral and was expecting pics of gramma in the casket like that other guy.

Looks like a really nice hotel. I have to go away friday morning and don't think my hotel will look like that, especially for $32 a night...

No casket pics, I have a couple that someone else took but I didn't want to post them.

With the discount I got it was just over $50 a night, worth every penny plus :) The regular rate is upwards of $100 a night.

BigDov said:
Well then I guess you'll just have to share your name with me then!! :D

I still doubt that they'd give you the discount, unless you manage to have a death in the family at the right time :fly:

Welcome back! I certainly missed you. Started thinking "Where is dreamwalker?"
Glad you had a good time! but sorry you had to leave for a funeral though :( :heart:

Lynnakitty said:
Welcome back! I certainly missed you. Started thinking "Where is dreamwalker?"
Glad you had a good time! but sorry you had to leave for a funeral though :( :heart:

Someone actually MISSED ME???!!! :heart: Didn't think anyone would!

The funeral was for a family member I hadn't seen in over ten years. The rest of the trip was very hectic but OK otherwise :cool: