Babies killing babies

ChikkenNoodul said:
It's understandable to not have empathy for others when they have to go through Pon Farr...

T'pal can pon farr with me anytime she wants. It'd probably take me seven years to recover anyways. :fly:

lemon_fresh said:
A lot of "work" went into making that little girl. Personal work from parents, guardians or siblings. Someone, not something, has taught that kid that violence is an acceptable way to deal w/ a given situation.

You or I may lose a ball game, and think "I'm mad that I lost." We run scenarios through our head, "I can say they cheated, or say that I wasn't feeling well." We've been taught/socialized to deal with certain situations by talking it out or leaving. When someone knows violence and has succesfully used violence in the past to extracate themselves from a situation, they tend to view violence as a viable solution to their problems.

check out: Why They Kill by Richard Rhodes
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/03...4?v=glance&n=283155&n=507846&s=books&v=glance

I think chemical imbalance has something to do with this type of behavior as well, but I agree with all of the above.

I believe that there are two things that influence whether or not someone becomes a productive member of society. That is genetics and parenting.

Don't blame the videogames. It's about what you are predisposed to becoming and how you were raised by your parents. But I firmly believe that it's 70% genetics and 30% parenting.

Last edited by a moderator:
my first inclination is to usually place blame with parents when children so young act like this. but there are so many variables that i am probably not aware of that i just shake my head.

thrawn said:
my first inclination is to usually place blame with parents when children so young act like this. but there are so many variables that i am probably not aware of that i just shake my head.
It does sound like they were black, for example.

Sarcasmo said:
It's apathy. Parents have it, teachers have it, everyone has it. It's what drives parents to not get off their lazy fat asses when kids get into things they shouldn't, or overhear adult conversations they shouldn't. It's an inconvenience for the parents to have to be proactive all the time. Thus we end up with ghetto and trailer monkeys running around.
NOt only that (I totally agree) but I think that a lot of parents are afraid to discipline their children so they have no sense of what consequenses are. SO you have parents who beat the shit out of their children and parents who are afraid to yell too loud for fear the child services will come break down their door. My mom almost never spanked me/slapped me but the fear that she COULD kept me in line. Children these days are missing that healthy fear of their parents.

^ Totally concur. Children should be spanked when needed. The PC climate that says that it's not okay is leading us down a bad path. :mad:

JJ Lady said:
NOt only that (I totally agree) but I think that a lot of parents are afraid to discipline their children so they have no sense of what consequenses are. SO you have parents who beat the shit out of their children and parents who are afraid to yell too loud for fear the child services will come break down their door. My mom almost never spanked me/slapped me but the fear that she COULD kept me in line. Children these days are missing that healthy fear of their parents.

I was channel surfing the other night and saw a brief segment of a reality show that made me want to kill people. I'm a psycho, I know, but bear with me.

I don't know what show it was, but I suspect it was that Nanny 911 show, simply because a fat british woman was berating a father at the time that I tuned in. Basically the guy was an average dad. His kids would get out of line and he'd yell at them and out of the natural fear that kids have of their dads, they'd do what he wanted. Pretty simple. So he's talking about this, and this fat british woman tells him he can't do that, and that it isn't a good thing for kids to be afraid of their parents. The guy smirked, got up, and walked out of the room.

I wanted to reach through my television set and beat her to death with her own loafers. Assuming of course that it was real and she was serious, conclusions which are so completely ludicrous they're just impossible. Reality t.v. makes people fucking stupid, and yes I absolutely believe that somewhere out there someone saw that and believed it, and it has affected how they deal with their kids since. That thought terrifies me, that sniveling knee-jerk producers are actually instructing impressionable parents how to "deal" with normal kids.

Kids aren't "afraid" of their parents when they yell. They're afraid of getting smacked at that exact moment, and that's about it. Otherwise they'd be cowering under their beds at all times fearing for their lives, and quite frankly kids aren't that stupid. They know the game, and they know their parents love them and only hit them with crowbars when they act up.

today's Ctrl-Alt-Delete sums is up so nicely.

Repeat after me:
MY name is (insert name here). I'm a (insert age here) year old gamer. I've played every violent game in existense, and I have never killed anyone. There are MILLIONS of gamers just like me, and we're getting sick of people like you blaming your problems on us. Ignorance causes violence, not video games. Man up and take responsibility. We outnumber you, and the people that think like you. DON'T FUCK WITH US.