Baby AZ kicks so much ace it's just silly

Then you can donate, I think organized sports are a huuuuuge waste of time and money when they get to that level.

In my experience, the kids that got to "benefit" from these ludicrously expensive facilities were generally the rich kids anyway.

Really? Where do you live? Luxembourg?

I can personally vouch that astro-turf fields, etc. are not tax funded. They are personally funded by residents privately collected as well as sponsorships from companies.

They are/were in several towns near where I used to live.

People would move into the town, vote for these things, taxes would go up, the parents would leave when the kids were out of school, and the rest of the town was stuck with the bill.

funny story, one of my neighbors growing up was the NY State Commissioner of Education and he sent all his kids to boarding school :fly:

I can personally vouch that astro-turf fields, etc. are not tax funded. They are personally funded by residents privately collected as well as sponsorships from companies.

Except not.

The City of Rocky River has been approached to partner with the school district for the development of a turf sports field at Rocky River Middle School and the replacement of the all-weather track at Rocky River High School.

It depends on the public school system in a given city. In places like Oregon, school districts are autonomous, so the wealthier suburb areas have public school systems that rival any of the local private school systems. And neighboring public schools are often not as nice.

In Hawaii, all the schools operate as one large bureaucracy. There are some ideas gaining traction about breaking down the schools by district and allowing them to self administrate in hopes of cutting out much of the waste in the centralized BOE. A recent article came out here stating that in the last ten years, money allocated to administrative functions grew 3000%, while all other school services went up 40%.

Except not.

You forgot the first and last part of that.

The most recent thing that Council has done in the area of Parks and Recreation is to enter into an agreement with the school district for the use of the turf field at the high school stadium. In the last sixteen months, a group of private citizens raised over $736,000 to pay for the cost of that field.

and
For a period of ten years, the city will pay $10,000 per year and we have a schedule of times that we are able to use that all-weather, all-season turf field for the purpose of our recreation programs and the recreation programs of the soccer club and Lacrosse club.

This is so the city can use it as well. Not just the school.

Don't forget your roads are being paved, your streets being cleaned, possibly your trash and recycling, etc.
I'd be willing to bet that the county/city funding for those items are all less than schoo.s
And going to school is one thing, getting stuck paying for a goddamn lighted and astroturfed football field for a high school is a completely seperate issue.

You want your kids to play 'sports'? YOU pay for it, stop making other people foot the bill on that crap.
you want your kids to go to school? YOU pay for it, stop making other people foot the bill on that crap.
This. It seems very little of anything is actually making it to education nowadays.
I'm pretty sure that's untrue, at least in Florida - and we have shitty schools...

I'd be willing to bet that the county/city funding for those items are all less than schoo.s

That might vary per city. Where I live, there are 7 schools (elementary to high school) I seriously doubt 7 schools get more money than libraries, parks, fire and police, street maintenance, trash, snow removal, etc. (or did you mean compared to only one of those items?)

Hey man, you _know_ I feel that way :lol:

As far as I'm concerned, 75% of kids time in public school merely serves to keep them out of the workforce longer.
Its really sad that most people see it simply as babysitting their children, with an added advantage of maybe they learn something. They tried to do 9 weeks on, 3 weeks off here, but couldn't. One of the big reasons why... "What am I going to do with my kid during those three weeks?" I don't know, that isn't our fucking problem.
That might vary per city. Where I live, there are 7 schools (elementary to high school) I seriously doubt 7 schools get more money than libraries, parks, fire and police, street maintenance, trash, snow removal, etc. (or did you mean compared to only one of those items?)

I meant against any one of those items, but whatever. It's still expensive. Very expensive. And crappy as well. Nationally, our kids fall father and farther behind every year...

In the defense of parents fly, it's the system that has roped us/them into needing childcare outside of the home.

With income taxes so high, many families NEED to have two incomes to achieve the same standard of living their parents or grandparents had on just one.

Yes, I know that's not a good excuse, but it is what it is.

The answer of course, is for people to live more simply....tough for some I imagine, if they make more than their parents (Inflation adjusted of course) but are still unable to keep the same lifestyle they're accustomed to.

In the defense of parents fly, it's the system that has roped us/them into needing childcare outside of the home.

With income taxes so high, many families NEED to have two incomes to achieve the same standard of living their parents or grandparents had on just one.

Yes, I know that's not a good excuse, but it is what it is.

The answer of course, is for people to live more simply....tough for some I imagine, if they make more than their parents (Inflation adjusted of course) but are still unable to keep the same lifestyle they're accustomed to.

Yeah, god forbid someone not have a 50" tv and 500 tv channels. But hey, I'd settle for eliminating the Dept of Education, since its technically unconstitutional anyway...

Yeah, god forbid someone not have a 50" tv and 500 tv channels. But hey, I'd settle for eliminating the Dept of Education, since its technically unconstitutional anyway...

They're all freaking unconstitutional, I really don't know where along the line we lost our way as a country, but it's ridiculous already.

Well, I guess the first problem was the War of Northern Aggression.....