Aww jesvs....

ChikkenNoodul said:
I did, but even if I hadn't you couldn't break it that easily.

Seriously, it must be some shit hardware for that to happen.
Right now. the only way I can figure I had anything to do with it, is that the SAN was somehow critically tied into a part of the raid array on the system I was working on. Big no no on their part. The way they tried to makes it sound last night is as if I went into the storage area and formatted it. It takes a long fucking time to format 19TB of data over a network and there's no way I could have done that in the short time I was working on that system.

wr3kt said:
Right now. the only way I can figure I had anything to do with it, is that the SAN was somehow critically tied into a part of the raid array on the system I was working on. Big no no on their part. The way they tried to makes it sound last night is as if I went into the storage area and formatted it. It takes a long fucking time to format 19TB of data over a network and there's no way I could have done that in the short time I was working on that system.
From my experience, that doesn't sound possible.

ChikkenNoodul said:
From my experience, that doesn't sound possible.

Yea...I've been racking my brain trying to figure this out. I'm just waiting for the IT guy over there to email me the logs.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Do you know who makes their 19TB subsystem?

Same people who setup the system I was working on.
They're using dell poweredge server's attached to a contract-built SAN.

The system I was working on should have had zero ties to the SAN other than read/write access. I'm still trying to understand how my formatting a raid array on the computer I was working on affected the SAN.

wr3kt said:
Same people who setup the system I was working on.
They're using dell poweredge server's attached to a contract-built SAN.

The system I was working on should have had zero ties to the SAN other than read/write access. I'm still trying to understand how my formatting a raid array on the computer I was working on affected the SAN.
So it's a Dell storage system?

Drool-Boy said:
sounds to me like someone is using you to cover their ass.
scapegoat anyone?

That's a biiiiiig possibility, I hate recieving logs instead of being able to go check them myself. It's all really wierd and happened so fast...and the fact that it happened convienently after I left is really twirking me.

ChikkenNoodul said:
So it's a Dell storage system?
No, it's a vendor-built storage system. The client I work for is this company's vendor. He sent me in to look over their tape-backup system which is linux and they don't have a linux guy to do this kind of stuff.
The guy who originally setup the computer I was working on setup a 250gbx48 disk storage system as 3x3.8TB raid 5 arrays on a linux kernel 2.4 which can't recognize that big a storage. I only discovered this as I was leaving and coulnd't get hold of any the tech support company that had initially set it up.

wr3kt said:
No, it's a vendor-built storage system. The client I work for is this company's vendor. He sent me in to look over their tape-backup system which is linux and they don't have a linux guy to do this kind of stuff.
The guy who originally setup the computer I was working on setup a 250gbx48 disk storage system as 3x3.8TB raid 5 arrays on a linux kernel 2.4 which can't recognize that big a storage. I only discovered this as I was leaving and coulnd't get hold of any the tech support company that had initially set it up.
Ah, so shitty hardware is a possibility then.

death is the only solution. if you follow these few easy steps, the problem will magically dissappear.

1. quickly locate an illegal firearms dealer and procure several assault weapons.
2. put on your army coat and hat
3. storm the data center and proclaim yourself to be "rambo - the network avenger" while you cut them all down in the prime of their lives.
4. .....
5. profit