Aww jesvs....

wr3kt

Flaccid Member
Oct 15, 2004
Marklar
₥0
So I was working on www.dnahellix.com's new raid array that is a tapehost for their tape backup system.
It's a completely seperate system from their main rendering and staorge system. In the process of working on a local raid array attached directly to the tapehost, apparently they're saying I managed to completely delete their main storage system. An entire day's worth of work. I'm listening to this and simply can't believe that after I left, I had any way of deleting it. It was a mounted netwokr drive that I had no way of touching unless their SAN was really really funky and used the raid system on the tapehost that they were going to frag and rebuild in the first place.
I get this call 5 hours after I ger home and left their place. The main IT guy is pissed at me and has logs claiming that I had deleted it. He was in the process of restoring from the previous day and wasn't exactly in the best of moods to talk to me. But basically...the only thing I can think of is they somehow tied their raid array (some 48x250 disk array) into their SAN (which is completely fucking retarded given that they didn't even have it set up correctly) and when I formatted the raid array, it fucked up the SAN, which again doesn't seem good. And since no one was around looking over my shoulder the entire time, they're blaming EVERYTHING on me.
It's going to be an interesting day and week. The client I'm working for who is the vendor of DNA isn't exactly happy with me either. Man...bad evening.

I.C.Water said:
that sounds fun :(
It is not. It is not in the least. I've got a lot of angry people pointing fingers at me right now. When they send me those logs, then I might be able to see how in the fuck it happened.

This is exactly why I got out of computers. Quite frankly, it sucks :p

crazymike said:
This is exactly why I got out of computers. Quite frankly, it sucks :p
No...not having a signed contract guaranteeing that if something like this I and my employeer cannot be held liable, sucks

Aw man. That really sucks. :( Hopefull you can prove that it wasn't you. Good luck

you know what they say though. If you are going to go out, go out with a bang...

crazymike said:
you know what they say though. If you are going to go out, go out with a bang...
But ...but...they only lost a day's worth of data. :( That's not very "our with a bang"ish.

The more I talk about this...the less stressed I am...and with that...the biting wit and sarcasm.

...ok...more like repugnant humor and jackassery.

Excedrin said:
Aw man. That really sucks. :( Hopefull you can prove that it wasn't you. Good luck

When I see those logs, we'll see.
Like I said...if it was me, then the SAN was set up really fucking wierd.

Thats why I hate working on other peoples computers. If you take your time and try to figure out how their network works then you are wasting their money and if ANYTHING happens between when you left and a week or two afterwards its your fault. There were times when I saw how screwed up things were yet they were still working that I actually refused to work on the server unless someone else was there to see how it was. It dosnt stop them from yelling at you but at least you have proof how it was.