fly

omg
Oct 1, 2004
Marklar
₥84,116
Steam
mattressfish
http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/programs/forensicsci/microgram/bulletins_index.html

It's basically a list of crazy stuff local DEA offices have found in drug seizures. If any of you are bored, this is some crazy stuff to read.

Things like this:

mg0905_fig5.jpg

The DEA Special Testing and Research Laboratory (Dulles, Virginia) recently received an exhibit of a blue-green, rubber-like material (total net mass 42 grams) that was alleged to contain cocaine (see Photo 5). The exhibit was acquired by a Colombian Anti-Kidnapping Unit in or nearby Villavicencio, Colombia, South America (circumstances of seizure not reported). The sample was coated with a white powdery residue, measured approximately 100 x 65 millimeters, and ranged in thickness from 1 to 3 millimeters. Field-testing of the material and the powdery residue did not indicate the presence of cocaine. Experimentation determined that the material would dissolve in water with vigorous vortexing, suggesting it was gelatin (not rubber or plastic) based. Analysis of a chloroform extract of the basified liquid by GC and GC/MS confirmed 13.6 percent cocaine (calculated as the hydrochloride) and aminopyrine (not quantitated). Further analysis of the white powdery residue by GC, FTIR-ATR, and microscopy confirmed that it did not contain cocaine or aminopyrine. While samples composed of various plastic matrices containing cocaine have been previously submitted to the Special Testing and Research Laboratory, this is the first submission of a water-soluble matrix containing cocaine. It is unclear how this material would be used as a smuggling aid; however, past reports have indicated use of similar materials in a wide variety of consumer products (suitcase linings, hat brims, clothing, etc.).

mg0805_fig3.jpg

mg0805_fig4.jpg
mg0805_fig5.jpg
The DEA Northeast Laboratory (New York, New York) recently received 14 wooden dowels (approximately 1.5 inches in diameter by 41 inches long) containing a white powder, suspected cocaine (see Photos 3 - 5). The exhibits were included in a shipment of bamboo window blinds, and were seized by U.S. Customs and Border Protection personnel from a cargo shipment (details of seizure not provided). Analysis of the powder (total net mass 8.85 kilograms) by FTIR, GC/FID, and GC/MS confirmed 77 percent cocaine hydrochloride. The Northeast Laboratory routinely receives a variety of exhibits employing different smuggling techniques, including exhibits where controlled substances were hidden within a variety of different objects made of wood; however, this was the laboratory’s first encounter with cocaine in false dowels.

I can't believe the amount of effort these people put forth to pull this crap either. Just imagine if they applied that same effort to something that was actually useful.

I don't get drugs though. Never have. I don't get the point and I don't get why people "need" or want them.

Sarcasmo said:
I can't believe the amount of effort these people put forth to pull this crap either. Just imagine if they applied that same effort to something that was actually useful.

I don't get drugs though. Never have. I don't get the point and I don't get why people "need" or want them.
I dunno, theyre fun. Kinda like that roller coaster in your living room (if anyone would actually ride it...)

fly said:
I dunno, theyre fun. Kinda like that roller coaster in your living room (if anyone would actually ride it...)

Roller coasters don't make me retarded though. Drugs may seem like they squeegee your third eye, but they really don't. It's deceptive. It's the candy of the devil!!!!11