simple

Giant Member
Sep 30, 2004
^_^
Marklar
₥5
I'm going to have to agree with shawndavid on this Avatars topic:

If unified in size (I like 120 (pixel width) by 80 (pixel height)), done with some thought, and non offensive, avatars are a great way for users to further express themselves, plus add a little more color to the forums.

The key here is to keep them clean, and do them up with some class. I think it would look really good (I made a few quick examples below for fun) - and it could draw more users, kids seem to love these things.

So anyways, I made a few, what can you guys come up with?

April:

april.jpg

b_sinning:

b_sinning.jpg

BeeRad:

beerad.jpg

Candy:

candy.jpg

Chikken:

chikken.jpg

Coqui:

coquirules.jpg

Drool:

Drool.jpg

ERage:

erage.jpg

Fat Burger:

FatBurger.jpg

fly:

fly.jpg

Hydrosqueegee:

hydro.jpg

Inline:

inline.jpg

Kiwi:

kiwi.jpg

Knyte:

knytenew.jpg

Pandora:

pandora.jpg

Sarcasmo:

sarcasmo.jpg

Shawn:

shawn.jpg

smileynev:

nev.jpg

theacoustician:

theacrules.jpg

thrawn:

thrawn.jpg

why_ask_why:

waw.jpg

Last edited:
I'm still waiting to hear a better arguement for av's other than "because". Is there a forum out there that uses them and they aren't obnoxious and slow load times?

The Desert Eagle is a worthless piece of "look how big my gun is lol" junk.

I want Chuck Norris as mine.

theacoustician said:
I'm still waiting to hear a better arguement for av's other than "because". Is there a forum out there that uses them and they aren't obnoxious and slow load times?

I agree.

KNYTE said:
The Desert Eagle is a worthless piece of "look how big my gun is lol" junk.

I want Chuck Norris as mine.

I agree.
Sounds like a guy that's never shot one.

I changed your's to Chuck Norris you big [ADMIN EDIT]

theacoustician said:
thanks buddy, I love you too

What if we gave avatars to the usual crowd and then gave them to the newbies as an incentive over time?

KNYTE said:
I will cut you.
Right now, as it stands, you couldn't cut me.

Your chances will slightly increase the day you pack a bag and travel to my home for 2 years of intense training in Shaolin Kung Fu and Brazilian Ju-Jitsu. I promise I will make you a ruthless killer and nothing short of it. But, until then, keep your silly mouth shut, and know that I love you. Not because I fear you, and not because I respect you, but because sometimes my homosexual tendencies get the best of me and your picture is the first one I load up on my screen when I need to jack off.

elpmis said:
Right now, as it stands, you couldn't cut me.

Your chances will slightly increase the day you pack a bag and travel to my home for 2 years of intense training in Shaolin Kung Fu and Brazilian Ju-Jitsu. I promise I will make you a ruthless killer and nothing short of it. But, until then, keep your silly mouth shut, and know that I love you. Not because I fear you, and not because I respect you, but because sometimes my homosexual tendencies get the best of me and your picture is the first one I load up on my screen when I need to jack off.

:lol:

I'll bet it would be pretty damned disturbing to crawl around in that brain of yours for a day :eek:

elpmis said:
thanks buddy, I love you too
Don't get me wrong, I think its neat you spent time on this and actually thought about the people you were making av's for. The effort is appriciated. The question is why do we need them?

theacoustician said:
Don't get me wrong, I think its neat you spent time on this and actually thought about the people you were making av's for. The effort is appriciated. The question is why do we need them?

for fun!

theacoustician said:
I really don't like all the random clutter under the names now

I think a title and an avatar would look a lot better

ditch the gifts, the marklar status, all that

yes I know the set up is like [M], but if we have all the avatars the same size and we put effort in to them it will look very slick (unlike [M]) - this is an eye catcher for possible new users, and it's fun