Ontopic Australia

200103641Resized20200103121718.jpg

I believe they're up near Brisbane & there's a fair amount of activity nearby

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia
i dunno.. i mean where would they go? back to the US? that’s a crazy expensive trip for 3 people .. what about their home + stuff .. i dunno .. i guess at some point this would have to be an option
i just can’t imagine what they are all going thru
Fuck knows. I guess pack up your important stuff and get a ferry over to New Zealand for a while.

Like 99&44/100ths% of wildfires everywhere I bet it's because humans.
It's not like some kangaroo is gonna throw their cigarette out the window or leave their campfire unattended or build an electrical transmission line that falls down or whatever.

Like 99&44/100ths% of wildfires everywhere I bet it's because humans.
It's not like some kangaroo is gonna throw their cigarette out the window or leave their campfire unattended or build an electrical transmission line that falls down or whatever.
lightning is a big source of ignition in dry/drought areas

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh and wetwillie
lightning is a big source of ignition in dry/drought areas

OK, 99.44% is a little high. It's more like 85-87.

Here.

Australia.

Lightening happens but not near as much. Accidental or intentional we're still mostly doing this to ourselves.

The other two natural occurrences I can think of, lava, and spontaneous combustion (like a wet haybale) are rarely mentioned, presumably because they're rare occurrences.

OK, 99.44% is a little high. It's more like 85-87.

Here.

Australia.

Lightening happens but not near as much. Accidental or intentional we're still mostly doing this to ourselves.

The other two natural occurrences I can think of, lava, and spontaneous combustion (like a wet haybale) are rarely mentioned, presumably because they're rare occurrences.
@Applesauce told me the majority of the fires were purposely set. ☹

• Sad
Reactions: HipHugHer
wat. By what kinda assholes?
Possibly kids/teens. We did that once when I was around 11-12. One of the dudes had got a pack of hot dogs. We thought we'd cook in the field. For months I felt really odd when driving by there with my mom "I can't believe someone would burn this lovely field. What do you think, Eddy?" :egads: Maybe 1/4 of a square mile. All uninhabited but still, was scared as fuck when that thing went out of control. This is why you should let your kids smoke and barbeque at home.

• Love
Reactions: Immigrant