WTF Attn: East Coasters - Biblical Plague Incoming

Domon

Robotic Dexter
May 19, 2011
Marklar
₥54,338
Brood 2 17-year Cicadas this month and next month, I think i heard the first one this morning.

Theres going to be literally billions of them, and itll be loud enough to be compared to a freight train or a jet liner for the whole month. We're going to be raking dead bug carcasses like we would leaves.

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/maryland...ence/-/9379376/19674648/-/n2cey9/-/index.html
@augusttremulous @MapleySyrup @itburnswhenipee @Applesauce

tl;dr: post your favorite cicada recipes: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/05/070522-cicadas-eat.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Kind of amazed that they didn't somehow blame global warming.

That's because people who would think that are far too distracted by more import issues, like blaming Obama for letting Beyonce and Jay-Z go to Cuba...

Sen. Marco Rubio says the Cuban government used celebrity couple Jay-Z and Beyoncé’s recent trip to the country for “propaganda purposes,” and the Florida Republican wants answers from the White House.“According to recent news reports, Jay-Z and Beyoncé’s Cuba trip, which the regime seized on for propaganda purposes, was fully licensed by the Treasury Department,” Rubio said in a public statement on Monday. “If true, the Obama administration should explain exactly how trips like these comply with U.S. law and regulations governing travel to Cuba and it should disclose how many more of these trips they have licensed.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/04/marco-rubio-jay-z-beyonce-cuba-89792.html

I don't give a shit. Personally I think calling Cuba a Terrorist State is retarded. They did nothing in central america the US hasn't done. I'm of the opinion that if you want to see change in Cuba, let them start seeing some American capitalism in their faces.

Not to mention, opening a previously forbidden dating pool. :lol:

I don't give a shit. Personally I think calling Cuba a Terrorist State is retarded. They did nothing in central america the US hasn't done. I'm of the opinion that if you want to see change in Cuba, let them start seeing some American capitalism in their faces.

Not to mention, opening a previously forbidden dating pool. :lol:

Wait, someone is calling cuba a terrorist state? Thats some dumbass logic. The embargo is a relic of communism (which still exists there, but no more so than china, etc).

Its a bad comparison, but its like marijuana laws. Apply equal logic, or none at all. Outlaw travel to all communist countries, or none: outlaw all harmful drugs of the same caliper (weed, alcohol, etc) or none.

I have a buddy here at work that's been there a dozen times. What's the big deal? Stupid GOP tards.

Wait, someone is calling cuba a terrorist state? Thats some dumbass logic. The embargo is a relic of communism (which still exists there, but no more so than china, etc).

Its a bad comparison, but its like marijuana laws. Apply equal logic, or none at all. Outlaw travel to all communist countries, or none: outlaw all harmful drugs of the same caliper (weed, alcohol, etc) or none.

Not someone, the US government. It's actually on the official list of States That Sponsor Terrorism, and has been there since Reagan put them on there in 82. For basically sponsoring groups that were fighting against governments we were sponsoring.

They're completely harmless. They're also big, kinda creepy, and terrible flyers. Seriously. They suck at it. Imagine a fat, drunk guy with a pair of functioning wings. It's sort of like that.

Imagine Smadgeon. Just hang out with me on a Halloween and you'll see it first hand.

I have a buddy here at work that's been there a dozen times. What's the big deal? Stupid GOP tards.

The Anti-Castro lobby in Florida is seriously strong, surprisingly. As a result, the Cuban vote can make or break Florida.

But as the old Cubans die out, the young Cubans go 'wtf, this is dumb' and have a better voice.

Except for Rubio. He's an idiot.

Not someone, the US government. It's actually on the official list of States That Sponsor Terrorism, and has been there since Reagan put them on there in 82. For basically sponsoring groups that were fighting against governments we were sponsoring.

while the revolutionaries were a bunch of assholes, i was 6 at the time they declared that so im far from an expert, but my impression of terrorism, at least modern day is far from rebellion/guerrilla warfare. They had better class the whole of ireland (or maybe the whole of the UK as terrorist states as well then due to the IRA actions 20 years ago)

while the revolutionaries were a bunch of assholes, i was 6 at the time they declared that so im far from an expert, but my impression of terrorism, at least modern day is far from rebellion/guerrilla warfare. They had better class the whole of ireland (or maybe the whole of the UK as terrorist states as well then due to the IRA actions 20 years ago)

I'm not arguing with you. I think it's stupid as well. There is zero real world reason Cuba should be on the state sponsored terrorism list.

Fuck, that country is so dirt poor, they couldn't sponsor anything more than slingshots at this point.