WTF Attn: East Coasters - Biblical Plague Incoming

alcohol has ruined more lives since forever than weed ever has. Weed makes people lazy and dumb at times, but it doesnt make them violent, and it doesnt make them angry.

I dont touch the stuff, but from what ive seen in person and general knowledge, id say paranoia is probably the worst side effect for some people which can be severe.

Weed only makes lazy people lazy. I learned how to play a few instruments on it in my younger days.

can make people*

Just like alcohol isnt guaranteed to make everyone angry and violent, it just makes some people silly.

Last edited:
We had them like two years ago. The noise was amazing, literally a freight train. You could sit outside at night and they'd land and molt right in front of you... Every morning my tires were covered in cicada carcasses when I was at the lake.

The upside is we had almost no bugs the rest of the summer, the cicadas either ate them all, or all their food or something. mosquitos were non existent that year.

they dont eat anything actually. Its very odd, their entire above ground life cycle, they just dont eat.

we had a zerg rush in illinois a few years back but I only saw a few of them. one attached itself to the hood of my truck and I drove around with it like that for weeks

Last time I saw a plague of cicadas was when I moved from NJ to ME with my mom back in 1996. It was June and we were driving to ME, had to make a pitstop in NY somewhere to get fuel. The sound was deafening. The ground was covered with flattened cicadas and live ones. Had to pick off a bunch of them from my mom before we got back in the van.

edit: that as the only time I've seen a plague of insects. Cicadas are up here each summer but only a few come out. Not billions.

Last edited:
Last time I saw a plague of cicadas was when I moved from NJ to ME with my mom back in 1996. It was June and we were driving to ME, had to make a pitstop in NY somewhere to get fuel. The sound was deafening. The ground was covered with flattened cicadas and live ones. Had to pick off a bunch of them from my mom before we got back in the van.

edit: that as the only time I've seen a plague of insects. Cicadas are up here each summer but only a few come out. Not billions.

This is that same brood, the 1996 ones.