attn: chikken itza

So what kind of good scotch do you guys actually drink, cos I read a book with a US character in it and her favourite 'treat' was Glenfiddich. You wouldn't find me touching that with a bargepole

Yes, Glenfiddich 12 is a little plain, still better than any manner of blends and Cardhu for that matter :barf:

Glenfiddich 30 is quite lovely, actually.

My absolute favourite distillery is Highland Park, a close second is Port Ellen (silent, unfortunately)

Right now I have open bottles of both a Signatory bottling of a 13yo Highland Park, and a distillery bottling of Caol Ila 15.

Oh yes, and the ubiquitous Laphroaig 10, got a bottle of that open at the 'ranch.

Other favs:
Springbank any age
Glenmorangie 18
Lagavulin
St. Magdalene
Rosebank
Bowmore 30

Now we say "iPod ear bud cord". It's a little clumsy but the effect is the same.

For example, I wouldn't touch Dharma's second clit with an iPod ear bud cord.

I like Cardhu, have a little bit left, can't find it up here anymore for some reason.

Balvenie is tastey stuff.

I haven't seen it in a store around here in quite some time.

I tried it at the distillery itself :fly:

Most of it goes into Johnnie Walker :D

Edit - Cardhu that is, I've had a couple bottles of Balvenie. Their old 20yo bottling was fantastic :drool:

Last edited:
I've only had a chance to try the younger Ardberg's, they were quite good, but I've not bought a bottle yet since the ones I like more were less expensive, or the same.

I think I had the 18 (or maybe 20?). I'm not really a whisky lover, but my dad instilled good whisky sense into me from a young age. I'm liking drinking straight rum at the moment though.

I want a beer kit but I'm more of a want it now instead of a few weeks kind of guy. I don't use our crock pot very much either because if I'm hungry I want to eat now instead of 6 hours.

However if I used the beer kit and then put it in storage with an alarm set on my phone that could work. Then one day I get a beep and look to see what's up and it could say "Surprise you have beer!" That would be nice.

I want a beer kit but I'm more of a want it now instead of a few weeks kind of guy. I don't use our crock pot very much either because if I'm hungry I want to eat now instead of 6 hours.

However if I used the beer kit and then put it in storage with an alarm set on my phone that could work. Then one day I get a beep and look to see what's up and it could say "Surprise you have beer!" That would be nice.

start a new batch every week so you have continuous turnover...if I had the space I'd give it a try...have any dead space at school?