attention people in the uk

polo

Flaccid Member
Aug 1, 2007
Marklar
₥0
Wow. What a fantastic knee-jerk article to read one week after a bunch of layabouts criminals decide to attack romanian migrants for fun - not racism, not sectarianism, but simply because they had nothing better to do.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8115952.stm

Survey suggests anti-gay views
Group attending Gay Pride parade in Belfast
A group of people attending the Gay Pride parade in Belfast

One in five people in Northern Ireland would mind having a homosexual person or a migrant worker living next door, according to a survey.

More than half (51%) questioned for the Equality Commission survey said they would mind living next door to a member of the travelling community.

Of those surveyed, 16% said they would not want a person with mental illness as a neighbour.

A neighbour of a different religion was a difficulty for 6% of respondents.

Equality Commission Chief Commissioner Bob Collins said the results of the survey highlighted "the breadth of work which remains to be done in order to effectively change perceptions and attitudes towards citizens in Northern Ireland".

He added that "attitudes became more intense as the respondents considered closer contact with the groups in question".

Legislation

"Each of these areas has seen an increase in people expressing negative views, with 51% stating they would mind if a close relative were to marry a traveller, compared to 38% in 2005.

"In 2005, 14% of people surveyed said they would have a problem working with a gay, lesbian or bisexual person, and today that has risen to 23%.

FROM BBC WORLD SERVICE

More from BBC World Service

"These findings will help the Equality Commission and other bodies to focus on those areas which offer the greatest challenge to achieving equality of opportunity and a fair society."

Mr Collins said that although research indicated prejudice on religious grounds was "broadly similar to that found three years ago" and it was "a consolation that so few people expressed such attitudes", the commission could not "assume that the question of sectarianism is no longer an issue".

Support overall for equality legislation in Northern Ireland was high in the survey, with 92% of respondents agreeing there was a need for such laws.

Some 16% of respondents said they had experienced some form of harassment or had been treated unfairly during the past three years because they belonged to a particular group.

I understand the whole 'gay bias' on the poll. I'd imagine this was mostly conducted in North Antrim where people still believe that god created the Earth in 6 days. Even creationism is a bit too heady for them.

I slightly agree with the whole thing about Travellers though - as will any right-minded citizen who has had to put up with them during their time in the UK or Ireland.

But perhaps the most mind-boggling thing is some shadowy, government operation called 'The Equality Commission' who now believes that we need to be reeducated in order for all of us to have an acceptable viewpoint in the eyes of the government. Thank god for tax payers money at work eh?

A fun read, no doubt.

gypsy.jpg

So 16% don't want a mentally challenged person, but 23% don't want a fag? What if the mental guy was a serial killer (mentally unstable) and the fag was a professional successful businessman?

What if the fag was a serial killer? OMG

I'd rather have the serial killer.

But in all seriousness, I'd just shoot all the fuckers who terrorised the Romany immigrants. Everyone in this world pretty much is an immigrant, and if you don't realise it then you're a tool. Fucking ignorant fascist cunts.

That sorta thing really does piss me off. Everytime I see a nazi walking round Nottingham I really, really, really want to jump them.